I have high regards for Hyatt Place as a mid of the road self-serve hotel and use it often during my business travel. Unfortunately, this Hyatt Place is one fo the worst that I have visited, and I have been to many. The property itself is new so everything is fairly nice but service quality is a good notch below average at best.
Due to its close proximity to SLC Airport and the area business park, breakfast can be a crazy time and so is late arrivals. I arrived around 7pm, checked at the front desk (took forever because the Kiosk was down), dropped off my stuff in the room and went off to a dinner meeting with a customer. I returned to the hotel at 11pm and after being in the room for a good hour while check emails, I heard some weird sound in the hallway. Turns out, someone delivered a note to my room. As a token of welcome for being a Diamond member, the hotel wanted to offer me a free appetizer or drink at the lobby lounge. At 12 midnight ?!?!?!?!?! If they really meant it, why not present the offer to me at 7pm during my check-in? If i was in bed by 12, i would have been waken by the noise...
Next morning, things didn't get better. I showed up for breakfast around 8am, hoping it was more than enough time to have a quick bite and make my meeting at 9am in a business park just down the street from the hotel, but NO! Virtually every breakfast item was empty, no breads, no bagels, no fruits, no yogurt, just some near-empty juice containers. And yes, no staff to be found. I figured they were busy trying to refill the items in the kitchen. 20 minutes gone by, still no food replenishment. I was getting a little concerned but thought I would use my "free appetitzer/snack coupon" for a muffin and call it breakfast, but no, I can't find a staff. The only person working the front desk was busy checking people out. Fine, I will have some coffee, but NO, all 4 coffee thermals were empty. I finally stuck my head into the kitchen and request they refill the coffee. I also mentioned there was no cream and sweetners left. 10 minutes later, the coffee showed up but then there was no coffee cups because they ran out of clean glassware, so some guests were using the coffee cups for juice and water. Bascially, I had to request cups, cream, sweetner, one-by-one. The staff didn't care enough or have any common sense to check and refill these items when she brought out the coffee.
I mentioned my concerns to the check out staff, but she gave me an excuse that "we are really busy in the morning". What an attitude! Vritually all the Hyatt Places are located near airports and business parks. Every other location has to deal with morning breakfast rush as people starts their day, what makes this hotel so special?
In conclusion, the property is new so the rooms are nice and clean, but service, wait, what service?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just three miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport, the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport is only a 40-minute drive to Utah’s major ski areas. The hotel offers guests easy access to local business and corporate parks, including Wells Fargo, Franklin Covey, Decker Lakes Business Center and Sorenson Research Park. The Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport is also the perfect hotel for race teams and crews. Our location can have you racing in no time. We offer 24 hour food service, beautiful & spacious guest rooms and 42” high definition flat screen televisions.The hotel is easily accessible to both the Hill Air Force Base and the Fort Douglas Military Base. For families, the Salt Lake City hotel is in close proximity to the Hogle Zoo, Lagoon Amusement and Water Park, Salt Lake Bees Baseball stadium and the Museum of Natural History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport Utah