“Weekend Brunch”
Review of Pago

Pago
Reserve with OpenTable
Pago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,434 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This hip, fresh eatery tucked away in the fabulous 9th&9th never disappoints.
Fresh farm to table options. The smoked beets are out of this world.
Refreshing mimosas, drink specials, good coffee and solid brunch offerings.
The location is the best.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Out for a nice walk and breakfast. Ended up at 9th and 9th. Got a latte at Coffee Garden, walked by Pago's, saw it was fairly empty. Decided to eat there. Walked in, asked by the waitress, "do you have reservations?". Strange question for this place's emptiness. (actually we had tried to call earlier to see if crowded, but no answer) Then she said, "Can I take your cups?" "We don't allow outside drinks" I blank stare from her, dead pan serious. We felt very unwelcome, so of course we left. Went to Pig and a Jelly Jar instead, which was very crowded, very friendly, very good.

3  Thank D W
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a Sunday brunch here during a visit to SLC, and were generally pleased with the result. I had the 'dutch baby' pancake, which comes topped with a nice portion of fresh berries. It's not quite a "generous" portion of berries, but enough that you could ration the berries so that each bite had a berry. My pal had the eggs Benedict, which was mostly good--doing it on a bun instead of a muffin was a neat touch--but the Hollandaise sauce was overly tart and really overpowered the rest of the dish. The service was fine, and the price wasn't too high considering the style the restaurant is going for.

3  Thank Yamamus
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A lovely, special restaurant. Small, but comfortable and cozy with a quiet atmosphere.

They proudly create their artisan dishes from organic and/or local sources whenever possible, and the menu is helpfully descriptive. Mostly a meat-based menu, but as the vegetarian of my group, I thoroughly enjoyed their vegetarian entrée of Gnocchi, delicate potato rounds dressed with kalamata olives and topped with pea shoots. VERY tasty and exceptional, just the right amount. Others had the Pago Burger, which was cooked to perfection and served with a black garlic aioli and a tender but substantial roll. Good ‘n natural Frites filled out the plate. Also, the bacon-wrapped Pork Tenderloin was very good, as were the Spring Berry salads. I like that their menu is seasonal -- we were eating from their Spring menu.

Their prices were a tad on the “special” side, but the food, service and ambiance were well worth it. I would recommend reservations, and I certainly recommend this restaurant. Treat yourself when you can – you deserve it!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Waited 45 minutes after I made a reservation a month in advance! I think I heard it'll be five more minutes at least 3 times. Will not be back. Foods pretty good but not that good! Disappointed!

2  Thank Ape36