“Worth it, so scrumptious!”
Review of Pago

Pago
Ranked #115 of 1,444 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Love Pago! Every time I go, the wait staff is knowledgable and attentive, the food (with local focus) wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. Make reservations (for dinner), and make it an evening!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Read of this place before trip to SLC and was optimistic it would be an oasis in a bad food town. Not a disaster but, at best, a work in progress. Wine list is interesting and not too badly priced. The special salmon was overcooked and the "seasonal vegetables" were peas which were too starchy to be edible by me and corn cut from the cob which tasted like canned. The tomato soup was very good however. For some reason no bread was served. When asked for the bread came very belatedly and no butter or oil was offered. Don't know if this is a statement by the chef/owner or neglect.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had dinner at Pago last Friday night. The food is always fresh and innovative and the service is friendly and efficient. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Don't get me wrong, I really liked this restaurant. We went after a graduation and had a very good experience...except for the things that the restaurant ran out of...like tea, espresso, certain carbonated beverages...jam for my toast...and a few other things. I had a hard time getting coffee refills and water. The food was good, however, and the flavors true.

1  Thank WFleet
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Husband and I had one night in SLC and we were recommended to try Pago. What a fantastic way to end our trip. We had the tuna starter as well as the potato skins. They were both so good I could have ordered another round despite the fact that I was fast approaching full. My husband ordered the moroccan chicken and I had the truffle burger. I hated ordering a simply burger among all of the wonderful options but I buckled and boy am I glad. This was anything but an ordinary burger. The burger was thick and cooked perfectly. The red onion and dijonasise was a fantastic accompaniment with the beef and truffles. The moroccan chicken had great subtle flavors from the small bite my husband gave me. He finished the entire dish with very little words. Just mumbled a few things every now and again which I take as a very good sign that the food was delicious!

Ambiance, service, etc were great and would definitely recommend this place to anyone in Salt Lake. We will definitely plan a trip to Pago if we are anywhere near the state of Utah!