“Historic” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beehive House

Beehive House
Ranked #30 of 147 things to do in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: The utilitarian home of Brigham Young, the president of the Mormon Church.
Salt Lake City, Utah
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Historic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's interesting and nice; for LDS church history buffs it is definitely worth a visit, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

1 Thank Rose-Marie W

Elkin, NC
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Loved it, hated it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I loved the history and what is preserved here. I live near Old Salem in Winston-Salem, run by the Moravians, and this is a very similar tour and structure, and close to the same period.

The difference is the 2 tour girls seems so unknowledgeable. They could not answer most questions, and gave misinformation about things such as how long it took to build the temple--they said 4 years instead of 40.

They also seemed to be under the gun to promote their views, which the Moravians never do. Moravians simply state their culture and practices. Mormons are under the gun to convert.

For history, this deserves 5 stars. For guides, it gets reduced to 3.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank John L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Weirdest tour ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The "sisters" knew very little about the house and at one point They said someone lived in a specific bedroom and when unasked who she was they couldn't tell me. Weird . In the end they asked me if I'd like to sit and "chat" about the faith to which I said I was in a hurry so a pamphlet would be fine. They then asked if I had a friend who could benefit from speaking with them. I said no. I was expecting an informative tour of a historic landmark and instead got very little info and targeted to be converted •. So weird.

4 Thank Mjaneryan
Orem, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour, I love antiques”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I took my grandkids and we had a great time. It was fun to see how they lived and what they wore and how small the people were

Visited December 2012
1 Thank KayJ54
Salt Lake City, Utah
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very Historic LDS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Go back in time and envision the Mormon Pioneer life in the times of Brigham Young. Authentic artifacts and stories by guides.

1 Thank radmom7