“Modeled after the US Capital”
Review of Utah State Capitol

Salt Lake City Sightseeing Tour
$33.00*
Trolley Tour of Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: Seat of state government and striking architectural landmark.
San Jose, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Modeled after the US Capital”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Well kept grounds. many historical buildings in the area. Seemed closed on Sundays, but encountered tour buses and found good photo opportunities.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Seabeck, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Beautiful State Capitol Building”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is one of my favorite Capitol buildings. It has a vast view from its grounds.

Tours are free, and leave on a regular basis. There are multiple displays to read through, paintings of governors to view, and historical markers to digest. The law enforcement officials we met as we entered the facility had a great sense of humor, and were fun to talk to. Our tour guide showed us around for 30-45 minutes or so. It was fun just to walk around with someone and tour the Judicial, House and Senate chambers, and listen to them point out the why and how in each space.

The highlight for me was observing the 'shock absorbers' that were installed to minimize the effects of an earthquake.

Thank you to the staff for being so friendly.

Visited July 2014
Savannah, Georgia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“I Saw the Light”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Tours are readily available at this capitol, and we had a pleasant guide lead us around. What truly struck me about this particular capitol is how remarkably well-lit it is. There are skylights that allow a good deal of light in. It makes taking some beautiful pictures much easier. If you're looking for souvenirs, there's a store inside, but I found an even better selection at a shop across the street I was directed to. Free parking is also available. Utah definitely has a capitol to be proud of!

Visited October 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Pretty cool”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were up at the capitol for a rally and decided to look around. It's neat that anyone can just walk inside. The architecture is impressive and the art is interesting.

Visited May 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
287 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 333 helpful votes
“Beautiful Granite”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I haven't been in here for a while but was with a guy who knew used to work in the capital and he took me around and showed me everything. I think it beat the tour the offer but that was a unique opportunity. There was Granite everywhere I forgot how beautiful this place is. If you are in town this is worth checking out. It just takes a couple minutes to really take it in.

Visited July 2014