Tripadvisor
Salt Lake City
1,258 results
All reviews great location temple square parking fee gateway shopping jazz game salt lake great place to stay public transportation light rail walking distance free breakfast sitting area parking lot few blocks bagels rooms are spacious front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I stayed January 11th to the 12th, I hope someone from Hyatt reaches out to the employees who served us, they made our stay amazing..

We arrived a little late to the hotel, the person at the front desk was so freaking friendly, and immediately offered us extras for our room that we forgot, (mouth wash, makeup remover, etc) made sure the room and floor we were on was what we wanted, and offered us help to our room.

The room was so freaking clean and neat, no issues clean sheets and everything!!!

Later that evening we came back from a night out and Crystal V greeted us as we walked in, offered to make us a pizza, it was delicious, she was phenomenal.

In the morning I was juggling plates to bring breakfast to my girlfriend upstairs while she got ready, one of the older employees saw me struggling and came over and helped me load up breakfast in to-go boxes, and helped me get my drinks upstairs, she was a saint, wish i got her name.

I was blown away by this hotel and its staff, THANK YOU SO MUCH HYATT PLACE!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our staff truly loves helping our guest. I will make sure our staff is aware of your kind words. I hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

So accommodating to my family. Enjoyed the clean rooms, yummy breakfast and late night food. We stay here a lot due to the location next to Vivint arena and trax station. Easy to park at the hotel and ride trax for free around downtown

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Abby,

I wanted to thank you for the kind review. I am so happy you enjoy the city and our hotel. Our staff and I are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Great value and location for anyone needing to be at/near the Salt Palace Convention Center or Vivint Smart Home Arena due to it's close proximity to the city train and large room layout. The daily morning breakfast was a huge benefit and being next door to the Gateway Center was an added bonus.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful review. Our staff works very hard to make every guest feel at home. We are so glad you enjoyed the property and the location. I truly hope you can come back and visit soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

This was a very nice chotel. Close to lots of restaurants and things to do downtown. The staff went out of their way to exceed our expectations. The food was great and room was clean and well appointed. I appreciated the couch and desk in the room.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the kind review. I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel and city. I will make sure to pass on your kind words regarding our staff. I hope you can come back sooner than later.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Traveled with my family. The room was clean and is spacious. Convenient location (close by a tram stop and Gateway mall). Parking is available. Breakfast is so-so, not the best, but still okay. Overall, would recommend

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you for the wonderful review. I hope you can come back and enjoy our hotel and downtown Salt Lake soon.