Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$89
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
$112
$93
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$108
$98
AscendHotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Salt Lake City Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$200
$180
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$159
$127
  • Restaurant
$135
$131
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$130
$117
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$119
GardenInn.com
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$100
ComfortSuites
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$139
All reviewstemple squareparking feegateway shoppingsalt lakejazz gamepublic transportationwalking distancefree breakfastlight railsitting arearooms are spaciousgreat place to staybagelsparking lotfront desk stafffew blocksbusiness trip
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is right across from Energy Solutions arena (where the Utah Jazz play). It is walking distance to Gateway shopping center with lots of restaurants and a large theater. Customer service is tops (Brady the desk guy always remembers my name when I come back), free breakfast is decent, the gym is good sized, and it's always been under budget for being in the downtown area. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the high markings and hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Positives:
Friendly, positive helpful service, especially the front desk;
Reasonably-sized, clean, quiet room;
Location is close to attractions;
Breakfast choices were good;
Fairly priced;
Hyatt gold passport points.

On balance, we recommend and would stay at the hotel again, however there were several issues:
Parking lot crowded and tight each night we were there;
A panhandler closely approached me when I got into our car. Probably an isolated case. Reported;
One morning at breakfast, there was a staff meeting in the adjacent public area while customers looked for silverware.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank packcal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that overall you had a nice stay but I am sorry to hear bout the parking issues and being approached by a stranger (this is not something that commonly happens). The staff is supposed to make sure the food and utensils are stocked before attending our staff meeting in the morning, I have shared your comments and they will be more aware of this going forward.

Thank you again for writing a review, I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Hyatt Place is 3 blocks (.5 mi.) from Temple Square. It made it really convenient to walk up to the Conference Center to hear the Morman Tabernacle Choir and not have to fool with parking. As a bonus, everything was really clean, the bed was comfortable, no loud noise, and breakfast was good. We paid $89 for 1 night 5/31.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HPSaltLakeCityGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place while visiting the sites here in Salt Lake City! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and comment on the hotel and the amenities.

If you travel back to the Salt Lake City area, I hope that you choose to stay with us again as we would love to have you.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had my entire family come in from all across the country. It couldn't have went better. Planning and coordinating was easy and efficient. Everyone planned their trip individually with convenience. Everyone loved the hotel and staff which added to the entire trip. ***Lightrail (TRAX) goes from airport to hotel... And the TRAX goes all over the city. NO ONE had to rent cars.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am so happy to hear that your group had such a nice stay at the Hyatt Place Downtown. I love to hear when a large group is able to enjoy their stay and that my staff helped make it even better!

TRAX does make it easy to transport large groups without a lot of rental cars, I am glad you were able to utilize it.

I hope that if you travel to Salt Lake City again that you comes stay with us!

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience staying here! We had a voucher for free parking though. I we had had to pay for parking we would have been bugged! (The parking isn't even covered!) The pool looked small but we didn't use it anyway so that didn't affect our stay! The breakfast was a nice bonus! And the noon time checkout is AWESOME!! We wish they had had more TV channels, but other than that it was great!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy some of the amenities we offer.

We are in a downtown location so we do charge for parking but I hope that the location, comfort, cleanliness and service bring you back to stay with us in the future.

Thank you again for letting me know about your stay.