“Brand new hotel in a convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Dulles, Virginia
“Brand new hotel in a convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

15 minutes walk to Temple Square and one block to public transportation. Friendly staff, clean and spacious room, much better than average breakfast... all of that for a very reasonable price. No doubt an excellent choice in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

So this is not a review of the hotel itself (as we did not end up staying there) but a cautionary tail about Hyatt's reservation policy. I reserved a two queen bed suite (i thought). I called the hotel directly and spoke to the front desk staff when I made the reservation to confirm that they had a two queen bed suite and to ensure that one would be available for us (there were three os us staying in the room). We arrive at the hotel (grandpa, me and a five year old) only to be told " We have no two queen bed suites". When I showed him my reservation (stating "Two queen bed suite" on it) I was told that, due to a convention they could not guarantee the type of room. What?! Didn't say that on the website plus I'd gone the additional step of calling the front desk. Wouldn't that have been the time to tell me of this "policy"!?

Staff was "kind" enough to call and find a hotel that had a two bed suite and pool plus gave me a "few thousand hyatt points" (although I'm not sure why I'd stay with Hyatt again if they can't guarantee me the type of room I reserved) but that's the least I'd expect in this situation.

So beware when you make your reservation you might not get what you reserved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank John H
Tacoma, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was visiting for business purposes and was given a very spacious room on the 6th floor. I wish that I could remember the name of the front desk person but he was very helpful and accommodating. He gave us a map of downtown Salt Lake City and was able to walk to an outside mall area behind the convention center. Great room and great location.

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor room facing away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here back in May as part of a road trip through America. This hotel is amazing - ideal location, nice rooms, clean, etc etc.

But the part where they truly excelled was with customer service. The guys went out of their way to tell me about the hot spots in the city, and also spent good time telling me about the religions and cultures of the area. It really made my trip much better!!!

I assure you, you will not be disappointed. I can not recommend this highly enough!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Big Piney, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Everything - from the staff to the workout facility to the location to the quality of the rooms was fantastic. Looks like a brand new facility! Breakfast was one of the best I've had in comparable hotels. Location is great - we parked and walked or took Trax wherever we wanted to go. Loved that it's right at the Gateway, too. Only downside was that our TV remote didn't work but that was fine - we weren't in our room much anyway. (LOVED the seating area/pullout bed!). We'll be back - next time with the kids!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Amy B
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I normally try to stay at the Hyatt's when on business. This place was the usual, excellent service and room. Room is pretty standard like all of the others, very large, separate couch, workstation area, large flat screen TV, great bedding, etc. No complaints whatsoever. Staff extremely friendly, more than most. Typical bar area, and nice seating. The HUGE mall is just a few minute walk with some great restaurants and shopping if that is what you like. I would highly recommend the place.

Room Tip: Close to elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PatrickLongBeach
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

i booked a room at this hotel a few weeks ago. i did so because my sister had stayed here recently and gave this hyatt high marks for cleanliness, friendly staff, great location and very good pricing for the accommodations. due to an unexpected family issue, i had to cancel my reservation. jason, the assistant manager, was prompt and friendly in attending to the matter and his professionalism (and that of the desk staff, with whom i also spoke) harkened back to the days when businesses actually cared about customer service. because of this, i will be lodging with hyatt hotels whenever possible in my future travels . thank you jason & crew! i'll be booking with hyatt hotels from here on in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business