Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great group activity

Great activity for a group. Nice that they provide a staff member to give instruction and run fun... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
michhalls
North Salt Lake, Utah
via mobile
Excellent experience

Went to Axe social for a business team building activity and it was so fun. We had plenty of time... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Chris W
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Salt Lake City
from $65.38
from $59.99
from $2,544.17
More Info
All reviews small group team building lots of fun newbies blast wear slc activity
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

My wife and I took our two teenage daughters and one of their boyfriends axe throwing the other night and had more fun than we expected! The staff was very helpful and friendly and gave us a quick tutorial that definitely helped us hit the mark! My only complaint was that when we visited the website there were pictures of ribs and fries and the Salt Lake location only has chips and candy. So we had to put off dinner longer than we wanted to. I would suggest they get a separate domain for the Salt Lake location until it has the same amenities as the ogden location. The only other problem was that our group of 5 Was too big for the seating assigned to our lane. I would suggest going with a group large enough to split into separate lanes or no more than four people so you can comfortably use the lane and have more time to throw. You are charged per person per hour so five people jammed into one lane means more money for them in one lane but less acts throwing per person. Not sure why they don’t just charge per hour per lane like a bowling alley but maybe their competition will pick up on that. Still, after a tip for our tutor, we paid $80 for the five of us for an hour so it definitely didn’t break the bank

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 2, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had such an amazingly fun time learning and playing. Thanks!!!!! We will definitely come back

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

Bottom line: Excellent time, place, and staff. A must do!

I came here on a bit of a whim. Before walking past an axe throwing place in a different city a few months ago, I had no idea that this was “a thing.” So when I knew I would be in SLC with some free time in my hands, I just had to try it out.

First off, these are nice people. I say that because for me, the staff quality matters above all else and usually sets the tone for the establishment. When I arrived, they had me sign the expected waiver, (uh, you are throwing axes!) and got me and my friend setup.

The woman who showed us what to do was very helpful with zero of the “you’re just a newbie” vibe, which I had feared. After showing us two throwing methods, how to be safe, and some basic games, we were in our way.

They have a little refreshment area with multiple options, so if you need a snack or even an adult beverage, they’ve got you covered. The result is that the entire place feels like a nice place to have a good time with family, friends, and co-workers. In fact, there was a family of four in the lane next to us, and it appeared they were having a blast (and two of them looked to be older teens).

I will definitely come back here several times, alone, with family, or even as a team-building outing with colleagues.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

I was just passing through SLC on a road trip and wanted a break from the car. Looked up things to do and this popped up on google and it sounded like a fun way to stretch our legs. My 14 year old nephew was not excited but I convinced him that we could leave after 15 minutes if he wasn't having fun. Turned out he LOVED it and when our hour was coming to a close he wanted to stay for longer however he was so hungry that he decided to put the axe down and go so he could eat. We had a blast and no of course I didn't let him win.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

The name of the establishment fits well. A social setting to throw axes safely. Amazing layout and incredibly helpful staff.

Date of experience: October 2019