Review Highlights
Two trips, two amazing experiences

Me and my husband just finished our second camping trip with MountainBased to Yellowstone and Grand... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
pzlo
Dallas, Texas
Fan-freakin’-tastic!

My 15yo son and I did the Mighty 5 camping trip with Steve and Nick, and it was a jam-packed week... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $1,198.99
from $39.99
from $69.99
More Info
All reviews camping trip camping equipment bryce canyon these guys southern utah angels landing amazing trip hiking tour sleeping pads unforgettable experience an adventure trip experience capitol reef highly recommend this company fun trip national park beautiful scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Eric and Nick are the best. Know no better way to see Utah. They knew all the best ways to see the parks. Absolutely stunning.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank billp668
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

I went on the Mountain Based new hiking trip offered to Bryce, Zion, and Grand staircase with my sister. It was a wonderful trip! Justin and Eric were our guides and we had Steve and Nick who were guides in training. They were amazing! We learned about each site, woke up to breakfast, packed lunches, and homemade dinners or nights out at a restaurant. They provide the tents, sleeping bags, mattress pads, and great conversation around the campfire. I was looking for a trip where I did not have to plan every detail. They took care of everything and even my vegan preference for food. They go above and beyond their duties working all day/night for us. We encountered multiple days of rain, mud, hail, snow, and they adjusted plans giving us many options to play with. Since it was the first group to this hiking trip, we enjoyed a more spacious van ride with less people. My sister and I gained forever friends on this trip plus conquered a bucket list item...Angel's Landing!! I recommend everyone to choose a mountain based tour for Utah! I had the best time ever that the same group of people from my trip are planning to come back for another tour with Mountain Based to Grand Tetons & Yellowstone. I would choose camping over lodging any day because you get the chance to meet others and make connections on your trip. Thank you again Mountain Based!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

So I got a few inquiries about my camp and hike in Utah last week.

I am one of those tends to avoid touring companies if I can. But since I am not familiar with the area, and the idea of packing and flying with all my camping gears across country, and need to plan around the logistics involving car rental, figuring out the best routes, safety concerns over camping by myself seems overwhelming. And I know the only way I want to experience National Parks is camp there and hike there.

That was when I found this Salt Lake City based, family run small group adventure travel company MountainBased in Utah. Best decision EVER.

They provide all the camping gear, transportation, meals (pack your own wraps or sandwiches for lunch, hot camp site meals and dine out.), park entrance fees. Guiding, history, geology and biology lessons (identity birds and plants) All you need to do is bring your clothes and personal items, and show up ON TIME.

These guys are really passionate and competent about what they do and they thrive to give you the best experience you can get. We had rain 4 out of 5 days, but they are able to plan around the rain. We have briefings everyday, about the upcoming plans, some adjustments if necessary. Everything is well communicated.

They take you off the beaten path to watch sunrise at canyon. They know how to avoid the high traffic area or the busy time when the big tour buses arrive.

These guys easily work a 16 hours day from getting up early making breakfast all the way till clean things up after camp fire at night.

They send you a very impressively efficient packing list.

I highly recommend them if you want to do something similar in Utah. Text me if you have any questions.

Happy camping ⛺️

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Being on my own on this trip, I didn’t want to hike the five wonderful National Parks of Southern Utah on my own due to safety reasons.

I decided after reading many great reviews of MountainBased,that they were the ones to go with. I was not disappointed! There were six of us customers with two guides/drivers Eric and Jared. Jared is one of the brothers that started this firm a couple of years ago. Eric and Jared are both are very intelligent, knowledgeable and really make great efforts to ensure that everyone has a great time.

Being in my mid sixties, I was the oldest hiker on the trip with the average group age of around 45. I’m not in the greatest of shape but our guides made sure that I could hike at my own speed and one guide would accompany me even if the rest of the group was several yards ahead. I also took the most photos which also slowed me down. This was never an issue with the guides and I never felt pressured to keep up.

The hotels and restaurants that the guides took up to were great. The photo with the railing is the view out the front door of the motel room.

Was never under the impression that the meeting budget was most critical.

They do business right, focusing on the customer and ensuring the best possible customer experience.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank rickv576
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I booked the five day lodging option and it was amazing!! If you are looking to see Utah's Mighty 5 and just want to sit back and not hassle with the stress of driving yourselves, finding lodging or finding good places to eat-this is the company to choose. They know the parks, where to stay and where to eat! Everything was very organized and well planned out. They are very knowledgeable about all of the trails as well as the areas we visited. Jared and Eric were our awesome guides. We would highly recommend this company - we had a blast all 5 days!

Date of experience: April 2019