Review Highlights
Amazing Trip - Mountainbased Exceeded my Expectations

Reviewed 5 days ago
DoylestownMZ
Two trips, two amazing experiences

pzlo
Dallas, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Salt Lake City
from $2,800.00
from $1,198.99
from $39.99
from $69.99
More Info
All reviews camping trip camping equipment bryce canyon these guys southern utah angels landing amazing trip hiking tour sleeping pads unforgettable experience an adventure trip experience capitol reef highly recommend this company fun trip national park beautiful scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 days ago

My son (recent HS graduation) and I went on the Southern Utah Hiker/Camper. Food was really good. Guides were TOP NOTCH. I cannot say enough great things about these guys. They were fabulous! They provided so much great information during each part of the trip. Always very prepared and well planned - for eg - beat the rush to Angels Landing before the 'crowd tsunami.' Overall, MountainBased did an AMAZING JOB. We both absolutely LOVED the trip. Even the van rides were fun (although I need to brush up on my movie theme song trivia!). The attention to detail, customer service etc was really good. A great value....and I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my husband just finished our second camping trip with MountainBased to Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks, our first one was Utah Mighty 5 (five national parks) earlier this year. This crew really goes above and beyond - their customer service and dedication to making the trips memorable and enjoyable for every guest is exceptional. The camp sites were handpicked in beautiful natural locations, never sacrificing the comfort. The guides (we met 5 of them on our two trips) were knowledgeable, friendly, professional and superbly organized, as well as reasonably flexible in accommodating to the needs of individual guests. They were enthusiastic, warm and fun - always ready to answer questions, educate or entertain us. Their passion and dedication were some of the top reasons we loved both trips so much. The excursions were a good mix of 'must see' spots and hidden gems, the hikes were wonderfully scenic and diverse. We loved the customer service, we loved the itineraries - everything with Justin and his team is spot on. We will absolutely be coming back for more great nature trips with this wonderful company.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank pzlo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a blast and rolling solo on the 5 day Yellowstone/Grand Teton trip! There were 11 of us in the group. One couple, myself, and two families of 4-5. Our guides were Justin and Eric. Both were knowledgeable and made sure everyone was having a good time. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a trip of a life time. Eric and Justin drove us in a nice comfy 15 passenger van and provided us with tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, and you name it they had it or already planned for it (s’mores, bear spray (don’t worry didn’t have to use it) snacks in between meals, back up hikes if trails are closed due to weather or bear sightings, and plenty of chargers for the van). Yes, they take care of all the meals which made it easy that much more enjoyable and stress free.

This is a good trip for anyone who wants to check off the next national park off their bucket list or knock out several must see states. You will do a hike each day (including first and last day). The hikes are 2.5-6 miles. We did about 6-7 miles of hiking/walking each day. The majority of the hikes were broken up into shorter moderate to easy hikes. So be sure to wear good shoes, wear layers, have a day pack, and water. The hikes are amazing and the views are breathtaking. The campsites have showers and are in close proximity to both parks. Each night everyone gathers by the campfire while the guides cook up a yummy heathy meal. They even accommodated for vegetarians! We had, Pasta, fajitas, and stew for our dinners and healthy cold breakfast options. One morning we had bacon and eggs. At the end of the trip they treated us to dinner and lunch in town which was excellent!

If you want to go solo, with a friend, with family, or significant other this trip is honestly made for all of the above. I was grateful to be apart of a good mixed group. We all got along great and had fun. It was trip #2 for one of the families and the couple in the group. The couple and the other family and I want to do another trip with this company. That’s how much fun we had. By the number of repeat customers on my trip goes to show you really how great MountainBased is. My only regret was I didn’t bring enough bug spray.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Stacy T
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family (including 2 boys 11 & 14) had a great time with Nick & Nick as our guides. They were easy-going, knowledgeable, fun, and took great care of our group! The food was good, the camp sites were nice and the hiking was beautiful! Would definitely recommend this company- they take great pride in their work and it shows.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I couldn’t have asked for nicer guides or a better experience. Justin and Steve took great care of all of us. They made sure we had plenty of food and water, comfortable camping gear, and beautiful trails to hike on. Mountainbased works hard behind the scenes to make sure you stay safe and have a fabulous vacation!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hiked Bryce Canyon and Zion with great guides Nick and Nick. Great equipment, camp mates, food, transportation, hiking, etc. You will not be disappointed. They will make sure you are well taken care of. Camped in 2 great campgrounds.