“One night stay but wish it were longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
georgia
“One night stay but wish it were longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Moved to SHS SLC to be close to airport for an early flight. I am a platinum elite member and this in the finest SHS I have ever stayed in. I'm the future when I come to SLC or plan trips here I will stay at this hotel. Felt very comfortable here and welcomed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Coming from someone who sees a lot of hotel rooms, that means a lot. Thank you, and we will see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Eureka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I missed a connecting flight and was put up at this hotel by the airlines. Needless to say, weary ending to a weary day! Then to find out the hotel only offered Pepsi products, ooh, no energy for me. I mentioned this while at the Bistro for dinner and was given directions to the nearest place that offered diet Coke. Too much trouble in my weary state. Lo & behold, later in my room, a knock on the door and there was Brandon Scott from the Bistro with a diet coke for me! Way to go Brandon!! He made my day! This was an exceptional gesture on his part, nobody does this anymore. I can't say thanks enough!

On another note, the reason I only gave 3 stars was due to the noise factor in my room from
I-80. Make sure your room does not face the interstate. Even plugging my ears with the cotton balls from my airline "convenience" bag did not help. Maybe I could have asked for a room change, but I just did not want the bother.

The room was clean and in good repair. Just noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I'm assuming this was for the Courtyard across the street...
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Brown stains on sheet. Brown stain on bottom sheet. Brown or red-brown stain on bottom sheet. Sheet was stained when I turned the bed down. Brown streak on the bottom sheet at about the hip region of the body. Disturbing stain on the bottom sheet of the bed. Dirty brown stain on the bottom sheet of the bed. The bottom bed sheet had a brown stain streak at about the position of a persons hips. Oh! Almost forgot the night stand was covered with sticky stuff and I was able to wash it off with a wash cloth. What more can I say, it was dirty!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I'm so sorry. I assume that you notified the front desk so they could send someone to change your linens, and I wish they would have notified me. I would have liked to apologize personally, and done all possible to make it right. I will speak with our Housekeeping Supervisor immediately. Again, please accept my apologies.
msp
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a Silver Elite member of Marriott, and I like their hotels quite a bit so this visit turned out surprisingly disappointing. I am baffled by the high positive feedback for this hotel because my stay here as very restless. Apparently everyone stayed on the side of the hotel that does not face I-80. As a silver elite I got a room that faces I-80 - thats half the hotel - and with the paper-thin windows it was very loud in the room. Its an interstae, so that traffic at all times of the day. If you do decide to stay here make sure to insist on a room on the opposite side of the hotel. I would imagine it is quiet there. There are no places to eat around the hotel but the location to the airport and the city is good if you have a car. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was stcoked well with standard food items. The decor is a bit strange with bubbles on the lobby wall and beads hanging around the dining area. The room was clean and comfortable. My low rating is from unacceptable noise and thing glass and walls.

Room Tip: Insist on a room opposite I-80. The hotel parallels the highway so thats half the rooms that face I...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I'm so sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay. This is the first time we have received such a low review, and I wonder if there might have been a problem with the seal on your window. The noise from the freeway is not something that is brought to our attention very often. Would you contact me directly so that I can investigate further? Thank you.
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is in a hotel park and there is a free shuttle to and from the airport. This is a huge selling point for this property. The hotel is beautiful inside as the decor really makes you feel relaxed would be the most appropriate word. My room was awesome, I felt like I was in a nice vegas hotel. The room itself was beautiful and I really did not want to leave. A woman named Megan is the GM and she is fantastic, also the night manager a man named Kade was great as well, both of them were very professional and extremely helpful. The rest of the staff of this hotel really made this an enjoyable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again in SLC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing us. We are so glad that you chose our hotel, and thank you for the specific recognition of the staff.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the property in Salt Lake City by the Airport. It was only for one night but I haven't been treated any better anywhere in the Marriott network. I dropped by the early to see if I could check in (8:45 am MT) and was told that no rooms were available. However, the person behind the desk asked if she could hold on to my suit case until I returned to check in later. She asked what type of room I would like and what floor. I left and when I returned (6:30 PM MT) I was plesantly suprised to see the same lady at the checkin counter. She remembered my name and went to get my suitcase and didn't any more information to complete the checkin process. I was in my room in less than 10 minutes from walking in the door! Thank you Springhill Suites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Toby R
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I'm sorry that we didn't have a room ready for you earlier, but glad they we were able to get you in quickly. Thanks for choosing the SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport!
Beaumont, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just a short weekend stay! I would have to look for things negative to say! Trash cans out front were full. ( but there was a bunch of "Ravers" staying there too and threw away all their trash away there. A good/bad thing!) Staff was fabulous from the front desk to housekeeping! Rooms were spacious and very clean.
Breakfast buffet was very good. Canadian bacon, sausage patties and scrambled eggs!! There was even Nutella spread in the condiments!! The coffee was even good!!
I will recommend to everyone and stay there again!

I did hear a bit of airplane noise until I fell asleep, but nothing that woke me up!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. I will make sure the staff knows they are doing a great job.