“What more could you want?”

SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline Express Deals for only $56 per night. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Quiet location, and loved the layout of the room - especially how the bathroom was designed. Also appreciated the hot breakfast which was more than sufficient. Nice and new, clean hotel. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My parents were stranded at the Salt Lake City airport and needed a place to stay the night. They are older and not experienced with arranging hotels and they were very upset and worried about what to. They called me and I used my Marriott hotel points to get them a room at the SLC Springhill Suites airport location.
After getting the reservation I called the hotel and explained that my parents were older and needed some special help and that they were already stressed out about being stranded at the airport and they didn't need any additional stress from the hotel.
The hotel van picked them up at the airport and gave them all the help they needed with the luggage and things. They were kind and sensitive at the front desk and since I had used points to pay for the hotel, they just got them directly in their room. The room had a very comfortable bed and was well furnished for them. They called them in the morning and got them to the airport for their flight on time and with no additional stress.
There was no hastle for me and no stress for my parents. It was just what they needed after all the problem they had with the airline.
I would definately recommend this hotel because they take care of the people that stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Father0f6
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed on a Thursday night and two nights later on Saturday (with a trip to Park City in between). If you are planning on taking the shuttle please note that you need to call for it to pick you up. They will ask what airline you arrived on and then tell you which door to use to meet the shuttle. Both shuttle drivers I encountered were pleasant and professional.

The rooms are great, comfortable beds, many lighting options, lots of outlets, microwave, refrigerator, large flat screen TV you can angle either towards the sofa or the bed.

I only had breakfast one of the two mornings during my stays due to an early flight on my departure day. Lots of options for breakfast to satisfy those looking for hot or cold meals.

My only complaint is there is no safe in the room. I prefer to store valuables in a room safe. The info booklet in the room suggested storing valuables with the front desk but I don’t feel that is very convenient.

Considering the great AAA price I got on the weekend I will most likely stay here again if/when I get back to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel must be brand new, it's so clean. Love the room -- mostly. There aren't enough drawers or closet space to put clothes if you choose to unpack. I would also prefer tub/shower to just the shower, for a good soak after long day of work. The bed is SUPER comfy.

The breakfast buffet is GREAT. And the coffee is actually very good. (I usually seek out McDonald's coffee when traveling because hotel coffee isn't that great.)

The service is GREAT.

But the rest of the dining options are NOT GREAT. There is NOTHING around here, except the hotel next door. I have not been there, but when travelling, I like to get OUT of the hotel to eat dinner. Delivery options also lacking. I spent $30 on mediocre chinese the other day. ($9 delivery charge, $15 minimum ... tip)

Otherwise, this hotel is really nice. I love having a fridge and microwave.

The pool could be bigger. ;-)

USE THE TRAX train to get downtown. Free shuttle to airport and then cheapie TRAX fare into Downtown. This saves almost $40 round trip on taxi fare.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here before flying out of SLC airport. Front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. Hotel lobby clean and inviting. The room had 2 queen beds, large sitting area, desk, good TV. Lots of outlets which are sometimes hard to find in other hotels. Pillows were soft and linens were like new. I liked how the toilet and shower were separated but each had a sink and mirror. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank loa337
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Spent two nights here on business trip. The staff is very friendly and do go above and beyond to make a guest feel at home. From the reception staff to the shuttle drivers a very good expierence and I will stay again. Thank you to the staff and management for having a professional hospitality attitude and I will be back. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Glenn C
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I really like Marriotts. But this one was noisy! Plus the bar / eating area was small and had very limited choice. The staff were helpful and friendly. I guess it just wasn't up to the usual standard...
Disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the noise!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OXAL
RHemsley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about the noise during your recent stay. I'm assuming it happened a few days ago while we had a hocky team staying with us (which does not happen very often). We tried to find them rooms where they would have the least amount of impact on the noise level, but apparently we did not do a perfect job.

Please know that we are sorry, and we hope that next time you are in Salt Lake City we will have a chance to offer you a better experience.