“Extremely Nice Hotel”

Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Been to Salt Lake City for a weekend trip. Was very pleased with this hotel. Got it on priceline for a great price. Looks spanking new, great modern decor, clean well maintained rooms and lobby areas. Breakfast is nice. Rooms have separate shower and a nice living area. Wireless Internet worked flawlessly and the speeds were great.

Location is just outside the airport . You need to drive few miles to get to restaurants and shops but its not a big issue .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you, for your feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Salt Lake City Airport. I am grateful that you enjoyed our wireless internet service as we recently upgraded to 10 megabyte speed in every room. I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Salt Lake City.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed May 2, 2012

One of the best properties we stayed in during our 15 day southwest vacation. A little had to find without a GPS. Everything felt and look new even though the property is a few years old. Close to the airport without the noise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you, for your comments about you recent stay with us. I am glad that we are the best hotel from you recent vacation, and I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our family was very excited to stay at the hotel. The rates were very reasonable and the hotel was very family friendly. We were impressed with the high tech look and the wood finish. The room temperature was comfortable and the beds were nice. We especially enjoyed the breakfast and swimming pool.

Room Tip: I thought the hotel more than exceeded my expectations. I have stayed at $350 a night hotels that w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

David,

Thank you, for you comments about your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed our family friendly features, such as the pool and breakfast. I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed one night at this property prior to a morning departure from SLC, and I was very pleased. The staff was excellent; the hotel is brand new and positively gleams; and the room was exceptional.

The hotel is set off from the road so it's a little strange. There is another property being built literally right next to it, but rest assured that the hotel is completely built and sitting behind the construction area. I have no idea if there is construction noise because I was on the other side. Though I faced the highway, I did not notice any road noise in the room. As with all the hotels near the airport, there aren't very many food choices in the area. That's not the hotel's fault, but it is a slight negative.

The room itself was very interesting and very nice. Like all Springhill Suites, it isn't a true suite, but it was large -- not sure if I had an upgraded room or not. Instead of a wall separating the sitting area from the bed area, they have placed the desk with a sliding frosted glass partition. It's unusual but works very well -- I really liked the difference. Also, the bathroom is set up in a European style -- the shower (with vanity top and sink) is separate from the toilet (also with a small sink). It is decidedly unique in my experience, and while it didn't make much difference to me as a solo traveler, it might be nice if you're traveling with a family or someone else.

The decor is pleasant, almost South Beach in pastel blue. The bed was very comfortable. I also liked the way they had set up the AC/heating unit. They placed a wooden rack over it to redirect the air upward instead of directly at the bed. As someone who is bothered by direct air blowing on me at night (sinuses!), I REALLY appreciated this innovation. Note that you may not want to put your luggage on what looks like a luggage rack -- my suitcase was extremely cold after sitting up there.

The reception at night was enough for a meal, and the breakfast in the morning was very good but not exceptional (standard scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon/sausage, yogurt, and breads).

The staff was altogether excellent. They were friendly, efficient, and competent, and both check-in and check-out were handled perfectly. I did not use the pool or fitness area, but both looked well maintained and nice. The pool is on the small side so no swimming laps.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again if I were staying near SLC. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The highway side doesn't face the current (Mar 2012) construction but doesn't have any appre...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel and your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and that the service was top notch. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here April of 2012. Great touch with the welcome handwritten note. I can't remember the last time I received a hand written note as such. Also, the managers welcome party was a very nice addition after a tough flight. Would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again.

Thanks for making the stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: Upper level from side of the hotel has nice view of mountain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you, for your great comments about the staff and the serviced you received on your last stay at the SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to help you relax after a tough flight. I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were in town to see a basketball game and do a little sightseeing. We had 4 adults and an 11 year old so finding somewhere with enough beds and not a huge extra charge for more people was important to us. The hotel was great! We loved having the couch to sit on when we were hanging out and the decor in the rooms and the rest of the hotel was very nice. Not sure about the fold out bed because my son just slept on the couch. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown and it was very easy to find. There aren't any food places nearby that we saw but there was a fridge and microwave in the room so we stopped at a store for snacks. Breakfast was the usual for hotels but good and we went down towards the end and it still full and hot. I will stay here again and I will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you, for your comments from your recent stay here at the hotel. I am grateful that the staff was helpful and that were able to accommodate your party in one of our double queen suites. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy our breakfast, and that it was still hot and presentable even late in the morning. My staff and I, look forward to seeing you again next time you are here in Salt Lake City.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Hotel is located on "hotel way" with many airport hotels. Very convenient to airport and SLC. Rooms have a great layout with new separate shower and toilet rooms. Hotel has modern decor, clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. 24 hour airport shuttle. No restaurants nearby, but downtown SLC is only 10-15 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you, for you kind comments about our hotel. We are the newest generation of SpringHill Suites that have ample space and lighting in mind. Thank you, for your comments about our hotel staff and how helpful they are. It is our goal to make every guest feel at home. I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Salt Lake City.