“So bad...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of City Creek Inn & Suites

City Creek Inn & Suites
City Creek Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1009 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111-4419 (Formerly America's Best Inn Salt Lake City)   |
Ranked #68 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Rexburg, Idaho
“So bad...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Old (not in a charming way), filthy, smelly. 3 stars on Expedia? Maybe out of 50. First person in the shower could get no hot water. Second person could get nothing but scalding water. One pro: nice granite countertop on the bathroom vanity. Looked even nicer in contrast to the smudges and blood spatters on the wall next to it.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank sturmd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hungarian first
Jackson, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Arrived this past Tuesday morning, should have booked online cause the room was $20 cheaper. I don't mind spending 73$ on a room but for the room we had..... We were exhausted from traveling all night and arrived during check out time so we went ahead and said yes to a smoking room, room 220. There were ashes in all the ashtrays as well as on the floor. These ashes on the floor were later explained when I saw the housekeepers smoking cigarettes while cleaning the rooms and they were ashing on the floors AFTER they were vacuumed. No blankets on the bed just sheets and pillows. The mini fridge smelled awful and the freezer was completely iced over. A very, for lack of a better word, methy, group of people were shouting things in the parking lot along the lines of bringing back more money for something this man was selling out of his room. A few minutes later there were 2 cop cars in the parking lot talking to this man and his group of "friends". The water pressure in the shower was hysterically terrible, that was the least of our issues with the room and facility. All in all just go somewhere else and don't waste your time, money, or safety staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren B
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is the worse place to stay in I had to switch rooms like 3x not only that the carpet was filthy and to top it off I found a cockroach in our sheets this place is not clean it's the dirtiest place I have been too not a place for kids what's so ever!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Amomtoo
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived late in the evening with our very tired children in tow. After checking in we pulled into the parking lot where a cop car was making a drive through. The whole place felt seedy. We went up to our NON-smoking room only to find it smelled like someone had just finished smoking in there all day. The AC wasn't on, and when we turned it on only warm air came out. Not good in the middle of the summer. The floor and bathroom were filthy, and there was no sheet on the bed under the thin, scratchy blanket. We decided we couldn't sleep there with our kids and feel safe. We got our money back and found a different place to stay. Awful experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura C
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Pulled in here after a six hundred mile drive across Wyoming. Just wanted to rest. Should have read reviews here first. First thing I noticed upon entering the room was a bandaid affixed to one end of the curtain attaching it to the wall. Gross! Then noticed the carpet appeared very dingy, office type chair at desk in room appeared worn and stained. The entire feel of the room was dirty, but I was exhausted and wanted a shower. After shower decided to finally check the reviews and read about poor service and drug dealing on the premises. Looking out into the parking lot, I did notice several "sketchy" looking individuals hanging around. A relative who lives in the area was supposed to come meet us for dinner and I decided that I really did not want to leave this room with our valuables inside. I also noticed this motels policy of no responsibility for loss of valuables from room. I began to imagine the room being broken into while we were gone. I'd had enough and decided we were leaving immediately. Went to front desk and demanded a refund as the room was filthy and smelly but was told that since we had already been in the room 55 minutes, we would not be given a refund. Will dispute charges on credit card. We ended up going to a Holiday Inn Express in Layton north of Salt Lake. More expensive, but so much better.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yvonne737
MADISON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I would give this place 3 1/2 stars. I thought this hotel was closer to downtown but it was not. You had to walk 5 blocks, then catch the rail track. Very nice pool. The continental breakfast was okay, I could not eat anything, I am gluten free. I kept losing internet connection, but they tried to help me out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Although I had no problems at all I can see where this place needs improvement, and it is why I rate it as poor. No, wait, I did have problems with how this motel was run but they didn't hinder my stay or make me furious as others seem to have been.

I have concerns about the hospitality and customer service: firstly, you are given no paperwork - at all. You're made to sign paperwork but aren't given any copies. A woman wanted something in writing to say that she had stayed there, but the man (who I checked in and out with, mind you) said that they do not keep anything on file - receipts etc. - and after voices being raised on both sides he finally printed out a copy of the paperwork she had signed when she checked in. How did they even get the certificate to run this motel when there's no proper documentation being circulated and given to the guests? Absolutely terrible customer service. You can just hear the lack of effort when they answer the phones or speak to guests too.

Like I said, I had no problems myself though I do feel apologetic to those who did have problems or had become furious due to certain things or had mice in their rooms.

For what you're paying there should be a greater variety in the complimentary breakfast than just cereal, toast and waffles - but the coffee is better than most!

I only stayed here to get Qantas frequent flyer points but also because it's inexpensive compared to other Salt Lake City accommodations. But I will not return.

Room Tip: Don't complain. Don't book online.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo