“Alright place”

Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Decent hotel, most Candlewoods are. Has everything you need for your stay. There is a short drive for dinner. Staff was friendly and check in and out was quick and easy. I would have not problem staying again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Salt Lake City - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Adak C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is very nice to know that you found the staff friendly. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The room we stayed in would be perfect for a business trip. The kitchenette was not top of the line but functional, except that our kitchen sink did not work. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Excellent water pressure, though we were on the first floor. The bedroom was a nice size and the bed itself was comfortable but the pillows, while seeming fluffy flattened with even slight pressure. That was my only complaint, however. Overall, it was more than we needed for a one night stay, but it was comfortable and would suit anyone staying multiple days.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have to admit I had my doubts.. I usually stay at major chains and this was the first time I have stayed at a Candlewood property. The lobby is more of a window counter and a quite small waiting area, however the rooms are great value. My room had a small kitchen and a huge office meeting style desk, which I absolutely loved, a queen bed in the "living room" and a queen in the separate bedroom and a decent bathroom. Without transport there doesn't seem to be too many options other than delivery, or hit the "store" downstairs. I wasn't too hungry so I hit the downstairs cupboard. There is quite a selection down there, from sandwiches to complete frozen meals. Each shelf has a price but nothing over $5, so I decided to go upscale and splash out with the $5 (Healthy choice beef something or other), which turned out to be pretty good.
This is a good choice - I hope they are all this good, I booked another one next week as a result.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best place to make a reservation. Very helpful and they work to get you the lowest possible
rate. This was different. The rooms have been updated and everything works to make you
a happy camper. Trying to get out of SLC in a snow storm is not easy. Traveling these
snowy roads, was a mess but having Candlewood Suites as my location, a smile came
to my face. I was happy and happy to get home.

Room Tip: If you need an airport location, then it's Candlewood Suites. A few miles from Downtown and ma...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GloveDoctor
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel is nicely remodeled. Great room layout for business traveler. Large desk work area. Doesn't have business center but the front desk was helpful with printing my needs. Traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah again and will stay with them again.

Room Tip: Longer term stay would stay in one bedroom suite over studio.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was a very comfortable hotel experience with friendly, competent staff. There is an excellent exercise room, a roomy laundry room and a small store where you can buy everything you need. The suite had a full kitchen with everything you need for an extended stay (I was there for 3.5 weeks).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank iaviate
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip and this hotel was selected by my company travel service, I very much enjoyed the stay, it was clean, the bed was comfortable, it had a microwave, coffee pot, stove and refridgerator, like a small apartment. The whole facility was spotless and well cared for, the desk clerks were polite and efficient. One negative to all the Candlewood Suites that I have stayed at is no continential breakfast, there is however an "honor cupboard" where you can purchase food items and put money in a can. I don't know who invented this but I would much rather have a small breakfast. But aside from that it is a wonderful place to stay, even better if one was staying a week or so, you could cook some meals in the room.

Room Tip: Your looking at the neighborhood from any of the rooms so I think all rooms would be nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business