“A dump”

Ranked #67 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Loomis, Washington
“A dump”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying in the E.S.A. brand for more than 12 Years 10 months a year in 12 states. This by far is the dirtiest most poorest maintained E.S.A. I've ever stayed in. The carpet looked like something I wouldn't let my dog sleep on. The bedspread was dirty with holes burned in it. The wouldn't flush properly, the refrigerator door wouldn't close or keep anything cold. The smoke detector was disabled. We checked out early. I've never been more disappointed in the E.S.A
brand.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seville, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was without a doubt absolutely the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. As a hotel owner myself I understand the backend of what is going on at a hotel and was incredibly dissapointed with the lack of professionalism and care taken here. I stayed during the Outdoor Retailer Show this past August, and upon arrival we were informed that although we were four people and had requested a room with two beds unfortunately they could do absolutely nothing and that we would have a room with only one bed. Thus two people slept on the floor. When we arrived to our room the stench of old tobacco was horrendous and there was so much encrusted dust on the mirror that I could write in it. I spent the night awake because I literally couldn´t sleep due to the smell, and they informed us that they were full and couldn’t change our room. Then the next day when they changed us, they didn´t offer to help us or accommodate us in any way, as well as asking us to please change quickly so their cleaning lady could continue. For a little cherry on top the next day when I arrived home I realized that I had left my brand new running shoes in the room and when we called were told first that no one had stayed in the room since us, but after going to check the room they weren´t there and the cleaning personnel had not saved them in lost and found... As I know something about how this works, I can guarantee that one of the personnel decided to keep them (stole them). All in all a pitiful show of professionalism and horrible stay.

Room Tip: The only way to choose a good room is either DONT STAY or sleep in your car. This is absolutely the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate_Sevilla
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nasty place...

BTW, it is now called Extended Stay America. My company waited till the last minute to book our rooms during a busy tradeshow, so we ended up here. The first night I got in late and there was blood on the sheets. I was too tired to call down so I slept on the other side of the bed. The next day I called and the front desk apologized and said that, although they only clean rooms 1 time per week, they'd send someone up to change my sheets. Day 3....6 a.m. wake up call never happened.

If you want clean towels, you have to exchange them at the front desk.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cpsandiego
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My room had not even been vaccuumed at check in..syringe caps on the fllor, black mold everywhere, bugs, rotten food, used qtips, dirty sheets, mildew/mold stink, and no maanagement would address the issues..nor at the least change my room!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Joekirstine1
Herriman
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The internet seemed to keep dropping out and the air conditioning seemed to also fade in and out. I asked to leave within an hour and went to another Extended Stay. The motel has doors that open to the outside versus interior doors. Property isn't large and the parking lot wasn't crowded.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

There was mold in the restroom. Room needs to be fixed. The door was broke and it smelled like an ashtray. I asked for a non smoking room but I was given a smoking room. I strongly would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank smitty1977
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Yes, the price is fair but when we arrived to the room it was tragically dirty. We went to the nearby WalMart and bought towels and cleaning supplies. After cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floor the towels were black from the dirt and grim we cleaned. We had problems with the radio on the nightstand between the beds (it would not turn off) and reached down to unplug it and could not believe the filth. We borrowed a vacuum and tried cleaning the carpet but there was so much dirt driven into the carpet fibers that the vacuum made little difference. Our socks were black from walking on the carpet. We booked and paid for 8 nights and tried and tried to get housekeeping to come (as stated in the policy: one housekeeping service for 8 night stay) but despite our repeated calls they never came. This hotel looks like it was well built and has the potential to be a good property but the management is fast asleep. How difficult can it be to get your housekeeping staff to actually clean the rooms? Obviously no one is paying attention. Yes, stay at this place but either bring your own industrial cleaning supplies or come with a very high tolerance for filth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LAXtoLHR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Baymont Inn & Suites Murray/Salt Lake City
Baymont Inn & Suites Murray/Salt...
#61 of 75 in Salt Lake City
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Murray
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#43 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, West Valley City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#8 of 13 in West Valley City
Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
Ramada Salt Lake City North Temp...
#58 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley? Share your experiences!