Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$99
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$109
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Pool
$139
$123
$106
Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$89
Courtyard
$90
$89
Travelocity
University Guest House & Conference Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$145
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Room was awful. Couldn't stay after finding dirty clothes in dresser and hair all over bathroom and bed. The room was supposedly checked by a manager before our arrival. Kitchen wasn't even half way wiped down either.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, even if you have to pay more. It's worth it for a clean, safe place.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Christi N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Salt Lake City - Mid Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Christi - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

As you mentioned, we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Rooms are dirty, washing machine, dish washer Range, have to clean everything to our standard and we had our 10yrs son and 2 grand-kids 5 and 3. The price we pay is not work the standard of the rooms, and they needs to up grade to the new world now.

Room Tip: Look out for all appliance before paying and the clean of room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kalateks
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Homesteads are usually a nice place to stay on a small budget. This one left a lot to desire. Could not get past all the strange people walking through the parking lot who were not guest. Management notified and told that they could do nothing. Wrong it is your property, you should make your guest feel safe. Room was below average for the Homestead quality. I do not believe that the management cares, bottom line is the all mighty dollar. I am very glade this was a one night stay, if were not continuing to Las Vegas we would have changed our stay to another Hotel. The property is between a 2 and maybe a 3 but the safety and management make this property a 1 for sure.

Room Tip: Book 48 hours in advance and check in early. Change rooms if necessary
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank curt1480
Reviewed December 7, 2010

This review was originally submitted on Mon, 11 Oct 2010, but somehow did not post to to missed confirmation email...so resubmitting to post an update. Book online for the best deal and arrive with confidence that you're in the right place. This was a 2-week stay for business travel. As a result of an excessively frightening reviews on TripAdvisor.com for all local properties, we did our due diligence in learning more about the community and management of each of the 5 Extended Stay America family properties in the Salt Lake City, UT area. After much research and collaborative efforts, we ultimately settled for this particular property because corporate management expressed a sincere desire to demonstrate improved quality over past performance. Together with the general manager (Minta) who was professional and attentive to our clients needs we knew we found the right place. She along with her staff went above and beyond to ensure that our client's stay was first class and comfortable. The suite was renovated, spacious and clean with new carpet throughout and with freshly painted accented walls. The beds had clean mattresses, fresh pillows, linens and covers. The kitchen was fully equipped and ready for food preparation. The WIFI made quick access to the Internet a real convenience for only $4.99 for the entire stay! They have the only hot tube of the five properties, which was new and inviting. There are plenty of places to grab a bite across the street along with shopping in a pinch. Want to do your own cooking? There's a locally owned grocer called Harmon's with fresh produce and everything you need to make a good home cooked meal.

When you book a stay at a hotel that is designed to cater to long-term stays you should keep in mind that at times it could seem like living in an apartment complex. You will see and recognize other guests as you would in apartment living and with that comes unavoidable sounds of live activity and possible interaction. Some guests are there on business for "long-term" projects such as construction gigs, so if you see strange people socializing on the exterior don't be alarmed. They're away from home, family and friends for extended periods of time and get to know each other over time. They're people just like you. Give respect get respect. As with any travel exercise proper caution and care.

We will book our client here again and again, because we know we're in good hands at the Homestead in Salt Lake City, UT - Mid Valley.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MonaPorter
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I did some last minute searching because I wanted to drive around a bit and get to know the area first (1st time to SLC) found this Homestead AVAILABLE online, seemed reasonbly priced and I happened to be nearby so instead of booking online as I normaly would, I decided to do a walkin.The front desk lady (whom was so very rude, unproffesional, and unhelpful) told me there were no rooms whatsoever....I told her thats Impossible I just was online 2minutes ago and saw availability....after a bit of back and forth with this so called "Hotel-Hospitality-HA! YEah rite! I said fine, I will go back to my car, get on my computer and book a room online or call the 800#, sure enough the HOSPITALITY on the 800# booked me a room and also let me know there were plenty rooms available. I chedcked in and the front desk lady stuck me into a smoking room, that stunk so bad, its stung my nose (mind you, Im a SMOKER!) I told her I absolutely could not stay in that room or she needed to have the maids refresh...she said that would take all day- It did (I had to wait from noon to 3pm for a refreshed rm......Got to this room and of course NOT refreshed AT ALL, and it was a NONsmoking room, closet doors missing, bathroom tile mold everywhere, makeup on the walls (ALL the walls in the whole room JUST FILTH!) Rug had food encrusted in the carpet, utensils dirty, pans burnt & rusted, Bed covers not washed, No night time security, or no one to help at night at the front desk, and even during the day when they are around they couldnt or wouldnt help me at all, I asked for towels and they said they didnt have any. Asked for a new blanket, those were also out of the question, I asked about nearby food- no suggestions, this place is a dump of a nightmare, I frequent Extended Stay Hotels, always trying to get more BANG for the BUCK (Extended/Homestead-In most other cities, are descent for the money)but SSSPLURGE if you are ever in SLC! By all means! Do not do what I did and torture yourself at this place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business