New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple

Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
San Diego, California
“What a Deal - All new rooms at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ask for one of their new rooms - they are an unbelievable value. We had to take the manufacturers stickers off the flat screen and refrigerator - they had never been used! This was one of the least expensive hotels we stayed in on our trip and was by far the nicest. The rooms surround a beautiful grass area and pool. The Wi-Fi was free and there was plenty of parking. The lobby and restaurant were still being remodeled, but it looks like the whole place will be brand new when they’re finished. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are new - be sure to ask
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Suzanna D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Milton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

this place has transformed from a nightmare to a class hotel they are renovating the hotel and really putting quality furnishings through out and comfortable beds all replaced new bedding flat screen TVs nice people including the people that are remodeling there if it was all done id give a 5 if you have ever seen this place before or seen the rooms you would be shocked at how much its changed and still good price and they give discounts AAA etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I read the reviews. I was skeptical; however, I also saw the reviews about renovation, new management, etc. And they are all true. It is a whole new team. And the renovation is well underway! During the day, you can see their teams working on rooms, etc.; however, major portions of the hotel are completed. My room - New Furniture, New Carpet, New Bed, New TV - everything was new! Everything worked. Everything was clean.

A very nice pool area in the Center of the hotel. The photo's on the web site are accurate.

When I look for a room, I want location, clean, safe, reasonable price, wifi, great parking. This met all my conditions. I could walk to a few different places to eat, Denny's is 1/2 block away.

The new team at the hotel is good and the price makes it a good value. I talked to the manager who said that their plans aren't complete. I'll try it again when I'm in SLC.

Room Tip: Just ask for the new room!
4 Thank MiamiOlivier
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We are excited to see that the positive changes we are making here at the "NEW" Salt Lake Inn are being noticed. As you mentioned, we are well on our way through the renovation of the guest rooms, and nearly complete with the lobby and public areas. It is a whole new hotel from what it was in the past. We look forward to having you stay with us once again when you are back in Salt Lake City. Thank you!
salt lake city utah United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My little sister and I have been driving for roughly two days, we had a traumatic experience on the SLC freeway eventually getting us lost, Salt Lake Inn just happened to have a parking lot large enough to fit our uhaul+car carrier, so we parked and got out to stretch our legs, vent, and ask for directions. Upon entering I was cheerfully greeted by Dana, I had explained how we had gotten lost, and she not only empathized, but was was genuinely concerned for us "out of towners" gave us the directions we needed and was able to get us into a room right away, she was amazingly comforting and turned my little sisters frown upside down. Thanks for your delightful and much needed compassion. And the remodel looks great, awesome style. I love "new everything" scent. Once again Dana thank you from the bottom of my heart. -Albuquerque siblings

Room Tip: If you're having a rough day come meet the friendly and professional staff, they sure cheered us...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew J
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about the Salt lake Inn and especially about your wonderful comments about Dana! I have shared this with Dana and the entire team, we are all very proud of the way she took care of you during a difficult time. The Salt Lake Inn was recently taken over by new management/ownership and we have invested a lot of time and resources to make this a First Class hotel and it is nice to see that we are moving in the right direction. Thank you again and we hope that you will come back to Salt Lake City and stay with us once again.
Alliance, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Salt Lake Inn. I was given one of the newly renovated rooms. I found it to be nice, as well as clean. The price was great.
On the down side. They were using a new type of bed covering and I found it to be light and did not care for it. Several items were missing from the room. Remote for the T.V., and hand towels come to mind.
I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. They are in the process of a major renovation and I think it will be really nice once completed.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your review of the Salt lake Inn. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and the renovation however, I will share your comments with the team to insure that our guest rooms are 100% complete before any guest checks into them. Regarding your comment about the bed covering, we recently received our brand new bed comforters and they have all been added to our bedding package and they are fluffy and warm. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back to stay with us.
Logan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently spent time at the Salt Lake Inn during the construction. The newly remodeled rooms have all new furniture and a clean feel. The management as stated is on the ball. The courtyard is spacious and comfortable. The hotel was a bit dusty from the construction but I suspect it won't last. I took a walk through the old grungy side of the hotel under construction and I completely agree with those who gave the hotel low ratings. The place was a dive. It's nice to see some new management can make such a difference.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are furthest from roads.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about the NEW Salt Lake Inn! I agree 100% that prior to the recent ownership and management change, this hotel was in need of a lot of work. I'm proud to say that we are nearly complete with the hotel lobby and public areas along with the meeting rooms and banquet space. Most of the guest rooms are completely renovated and they look great, the hotel has a whole new look and feel to it. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Salt Lake Inn.
Forest Grove, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Salt Lake was having a large outdoor conference. All the rooms in the city were booked up. I had no choice but to stay here. This is a disgusting place. The A/C unit is loud and carpet, walls, have not change from other review. (poor/ filthy)Management is totally unprofessional. My reservation and other customers were lost. I had my company contact them and they threw together a room that was under construction for me so they would not have to pay to put me in another hotel. Bring your own personal products because the front desk does not supply them. The day manager was complaining about a customer when I walked up. She continued to complain while looking me in the face. She was referring to him by his race. This is not a place for a business traveler

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ron h
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
On behalf of the new owners and management of the Salt Lake Inn, I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your arrival and stay at our Hotel. We have been going through an extensive hotel renovation during the past two months and we try to accommodate all of our guests the best way we can and unfortunately we failed to take care of you. I was sorry to see your comment about the management as ‘unprofessional’ regarding the unacceptable comment that was made about one of our guests, I can assure you that the new owners and management have the guest’s best interest above all and we will not tolerate comments like that from any of our managers and staff. We have made numerous management and staff changes since then and we have instilled strict new guidelines and policies at the Salt Lake Inn to make sure that this will not happen again.
I would like to personally speak with you to apologize and to learn more about your stay and what improvements we have made. I hope that you will accept our apology and we would like to make it up to you and invite you back to stay with us in one of our newly renovated rooms when you are back in Salt Lake City area again in the future.

Eric, General Manager at the SALT LAKE INN