We stayed at this property in March 2013. This is an extended stay property (no daily housekeeping) and it's location (it backs up to an open space area) makes it fairly quiet. I would call this a budget hotel. The reviewer who compared it favorably to a 5 star hotel is delusional. The price/night reflects the condition of the property. The beds are very firm /hard and I was sore after sleeping on it for four nights. There were 4 pillows on the bed; one feather pillow, the other three just awful. We asked for another pillow. The bedding is the bedspread/blanket combo that does not appear to be changed between guests. Why? This is just unacceptable. Do they not watch the Hotel Impossible guy or Peter Greenberg rip the bedspread off the bed and throw it in the corner so they don't have to come in contact with it? We asked for another blanket so we would have a clean one.
The kitchen has a small, but full sized, refrigerator, a two burner stove, a bar sized sink and minimal utensils (2 forks, 2 knives, no spoons). They provide you with one small packet of dish soap and a dish towel. You can ask for more. There is no dishrack. I washed everything before I used it. The bathroom is fine; dated but serviceable. The carpet in the room is old and needs to be replaced.
There is a continental breakfast with apples and oranges, packaged muffins and granola bars. There are numerous fast food restaurants and a Whole Foods market within walking distance.
With it's convenient location, this property could be so much better. I was told it is due for a renovation this year. With a renovation and improved housekeeping between guests, this place has potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Salt Lake City/Sugarhouse Hotel Salt Lake City
- Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House Utah