“"Green Hotel" beware!!!”

Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
North Salt Lake, Utah
“"Green Hotel" beware!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was very dissatisfied with the fact this is a "Green Hotel" and the fact we were not told this upon reserving the room or after checking in. We ran out of towels and were expecting to get new ones and in addition we were expecting to have our room cleaned. We were told by the front desk that the room was only cleaned and towels changed only once a week. This is unclean and a great inconvenience. I will never stay at another one of your hotels again due to the way this was handled. It would have been different had I been told this up front and expected it. I have stayed at many hotels over my lifetime and never once ran into this before.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are noisy due to the cement walk ways, any time someone rolls luggage on it it is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I do sincerely apologize that our housekeeping services were not properly communicated to you. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will ensure we re-train our staff to properly communicate with our guests what our services are all about. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were surrounded by some very unsavory younger people who smoked constantly. We had to walk through a cloud of smoke every time we left the room and some of the men were a bit scarey. I am glad we only stayed one night.
The bed was like a concrete slab and the kitchen was not very clean.
One of the lights had it's plug cut off the cord.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't put you in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Salt Lake City. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. In response to your feedback, I will personally ensure our housekeeping is properly trained on how to identify defective items in the rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope you understand some issues are beyond our control. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at elela@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Northern NV
Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you ever want to stay in a less than 5 star hotel that offers the service of a 5 star, then this hotel is it. I travel frequently for work and am always amazed at the quality of the service here. Greyson, Jake and the rest of the front desk crew go out of their way to assist you and they do so with with a genuine smile, not one of those cheesy "customer is always right" smirks,

Add to this the location in the Sugar House is excellent with an great choice of dining and entertainment within walking distance of your room, easy access to freeways and a commute to downtown that is easy. The property itself sits a bit back from the road so rooms on the front of the hotel do not get much road noise. Even better are the rooms in the back as there is a nice park with a creek behind the properly. The rooms are always clean and maintained and the few stories I have heard about problems with the rooms are always attended to and fixed quickly.

You get all this for less than all the downtown hotels. A real bargain with seriously good service.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side if you want to have a quieter room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your great review of our property and staff. It’s great to hear that we were able to make you feel at Home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I recently stayed in Salt Lake for 6 weeks. 2 weeks straight, followed by 1 week in Denver, and 4 more weeks in Salt Lake. The Homestead Studio Suites and especially the staff made my stay very enjoyable. I had a situation in which the refrigerator in my room became very loud one night and kept me awake. I notified the front desk in the morning. A new refrigerator, much quieter, was in my room when I returned from work that evening.

Very nice hotel, very helpful, knowlegeable and friendly staff. I would stay at this location again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that we were able to take care of your Refrigerator In a timely manner and they staff was so accommodating. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Quiet hotel even though located is a heavily traveled area. Room was clean with well maintained hardware (stove, refrigerator, and sink). The staff were all knowledgeable and gave concise, easily followed directions. The hotel sits back off the street which made it a bit difficult for me to see on the first pass. Parking was sufficient. The rate was excellent since my wife booked it through Priceline. I would stay there again when I'm in south Salt Lake City. We were on the second floor so the elevator was a welcome convenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience here at hotel. It's great to hear that your accommodations were great and that our staff was very helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 17, 2012

When in town I always chose this location. It's close to the Freeways, i80 and 2-15 belt, and fairly close to downtown for any fun. The rooms are always clean and ready early on, just in case Early check-in is needed. Very accommodating. Greyson is always ready to help with anything and has done a good job training the Front desk in handling any issues. I love the scenery here, there is a small creek and walking path to the South of the hotel that is great for early morning walks/jogs and evening strolls after dinner at one of the MANY restaurants. Everything in Sugarhouse is in Walking distance including Barnes&Noble, noodles co., Rubio's, Old Navy, Bed&Bath and Whole Foods just to name a few... There is also an awesome $1.50 Movie Cinema just a quick 5 minute walk from the hotel and store fronts =)

All in All, it's a good place to stay. Very close to Park City(25min), Downtown(10min), Dog Park(5min), etc etc... I found it convenient with all the close by shopping and food centers, as well as peaceful which is rare at Any hotel. This has outside access which is nice for those who keep to themselves, like nature and enjoy minimal social encounters during their stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with either Glass sliding door to 'closet' area, or a hanging curtain to "...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jbenington
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Kenora, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really wanted to give this hotel a higher rating because I enjoyed several things about this hotel including: (1) its proximity to great shopping and restaurants; (2) it was a nicely furnished and comfortable room; and (3) the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. However, there are a few things I did not enjoy about this hotel. First, my hotel room was not refreshed once during my five night stay (sheets and towels hadn't been changed once, carpet wasn't vacuumed and floors weren't swept, and soaps/shampoo/etc. were never replenished). Second, my room came with a kitchenette with some basic supplies to make a simple meal. However, the small kitchen area, including the dishware, wasn't very clean and discouraged me from cooking. In-room coffee service was offered but since the room wasn't serviced, I had to keep going to the front desk to ask for coffee, creamer, and sugar.

It is an excellent value and I would consider staying here again if I was only staying for one or two nights. But for longer stays, I would recommend another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a little creek.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Yale_Alum
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping services. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us. for this i am sorry.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure in the future we properly communicate our services to all guests. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further feel free to reach me at eleal@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.