“Homestead Suite - Sugar House”

Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Dayton, Ohio
“Homestead Suite - Sugar House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Quiet hotel even though located is a heavily traveled area. Room was clean with well maintained hardware (stove, refrigerator, and sink). The staff were all knowledgeable and gave concise, easily followed directions. The hotel sits back off the street which made it a bit difficult for me to see on the first pass. Parking was sufficient. The rate was excellent since my wife booked it through Priceline. I would stay there again when I'm in south Salt Lake City. We were on the second floor so the elevator was a welcome convenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience here at hotel. It's great to hear that your accommodations were great and that our staff was very helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

When in town I always chose this location. It's close to the Freeways, i80 and 2-15 belt, and fairly close to downtown for any fun. The rooms are always clean and ready early on, just in case Early check-in is needed. Very accommodating. Greyson is always ready to help with anything and has done a good job training the Front desk in handling any issues. I love the scenery here, there is a small creek and walking path to the South of the hotel that is great for early morning walks/jogs and evening strolls after dinner at one of the MANY restaurants. Everything in Sugarhouse is in Walking distance including Barnes&Noble, noodles co., Rubio's, Old Navy, Bed&Bath and Whole Foods just to name a few... There is also an awesome $1.50 Movie Cinema just a quick 5 minute walk from the hotel and store fronts =)

All in All, it's a good place to stay. Very close to Park City(25min), Downtown(10min), Dog Park(5min), etc etc... I found it convenient with all the close by shopping and food centers, as well as peaceful which is rare at Any hotel. This has outside access which is nice for those who keep to themselves, like nature and enjoy minimal social encounters during their stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with either Glass sliding door to 'closet' area, or a hanging curtain to "...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jbenington
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Kenora, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really wanted to give this hotel a higher rating because I enjoyed several things about this hotel including: (1) its proximity to great shopping and restaurants; (2) it was a nicely furnished and comfortable room; and (3) the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. However, there are a few things I did not enjoy about this hotel. First, my hotel room was not refreshed once during my five night stay (sheets and towels hadn't been changed once, carpet wasn't vacuumed and floors weren't swept, and soaps/shampoo/etc. were never replenished). Second, my room came with a kitchenette with some basic supplies to make a simple meal. However, the small kitchen area, including the dishware, wasn't very clean and discouraged me from cooking. In-room coffee service was offered but since the room wasn't serviced, I had to keep going to the front desk to ask for coffee, creamer, and sugar.

It is an excellent value and I would consider staying here again if I was only staying for one or two nights. But for longer stays, I would recommend another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a little creek.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Yale_Alum
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping services. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us. for this i am sorry.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure in the future we properly communicate our services to all guests. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further feel free to reach me at eleal@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Royston, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

my husband and I had to come to salt lake city for medical and stayed in here....... very CLEAN, very NICE, QUITE and close to lots of food and buslines.. ALEX at the front desk helped me by copying some paper work i needed real quick and JESSICA helped get a fax i needed as well , very RESPECTFUL and HELPFUL.......... nice place to stay and relax WILL MOST DEF stay again if we have to come back to utah. thanks for making our stay comfortable .......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Alex and Jessica were able to meet your request in a timely manner. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Within walking distance of Westminster campus, but that's the only advantage. No daily cleaning, coffee not always ready at the front office in the morning, had to go ask for individual coffee for room coffee maker, dishes are hand washed. Can you trust the cleanliness of the maid and/or stranger who stayed in the room prior? I don't!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Sugarhouse Location. I sincerely apologize that our services did not meet your needs. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate feedback as yours. Yet, in response to your feedback, I will personally ensure the staff is properly trained on our amenities thus ensure situations as you encountered do not occur again. I sincerely apologize again.

In regards to the lack of our daily housekeeping services please note that one of the reasons we are able to provide such low rates is by eliminating such services the extended stay traveler seems as no need such as daily housekeeping.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great team-
Clean, simple and a great convenient location.
Staff is great and very helpful.
For a no nonsense stay and conveniece to many places- stay here an they will treat you right.
Great upgrades and construction is over.

Room Tip: South side is quiet and you can hear water all night
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we are your choice Hotel when you visited The Sugarhouse Area. It is GREAT to hear our staff was very helpful. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Moab
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed here many times this year as we come to SLC for medical services. It has indeed been our home away from home. It is wonderful to find an affordable place with so many advantages. The kitchenette has everything you could want. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating. They go out of their way to make sure any special reservation requests are met and that we are happy with our room. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable with everything in working order. We find the location unbeatable, a quiet haven in the middle of the city. There is convenient access to a variety of restaurants, the Wholefoods market and a quickstop just up the street. The nearby walking path and creek complete the home atmosphere. It's easy to forget you're in the middle of a city. The location is convenient to the hospitals and clinics we have needed to visit. It has been good to have such a dependably pleasant place to stay on our trips. We will continue to stay at Sugarhouse Homestead Suites whenever we're in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JKnomore
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you continue to visit us during your trips to Salt Lake City. It's also great to hear that our Staff is always accommodating to your needs. We sincerely thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.