“Always Quiet and Safe ++”

Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Always Quiet and Safe ++”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

When in town I always chose this location. It's close to the Freeways, i80 and 2-15 belt, and fairly close to downtown for any fun. The rooms are always clean and ready early on, just in case Early check-in is needed. Very accommodating. Greyson is always ready to help with anything and has done a good job training the Front desk in handling any issues. I love the scenery here, there is a small creek and walking path to the South of the hotel that is great for early morning walks/jogs and evening strolls after dinner at one of the MANY restaurants. Everything in Sugarhouse is in Walking distance including Barnes&Noble, noodles co., Rubio's, Old Navy, Bed&Bath and Whole Foods just to name a few... There is also an awesome $1.50 Movie Cinema just a quick 5 minute walk from the hotel and store fronts =)

All in All, it's a good place to stay. Very close to Park City(25min), Downtown(10min), Dog Park(5min), etc etc... I found it convenient with all the close by shopping and food centers, as well as peaceful which is rare at Any hotel. This has outside access which is nice for those who keep to themselves, like nature and enjoy minimal social encounters during their stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with either Glass sliding door to 'closet' area, or a hanging curtain to "...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jbenington
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really wanted to give this hotel a higher rating because I enjoyed several things about this hotel including: (1) its proximity to great shopping and restaurants; (2) it was a nicely furnished and comfortable room; and (3) the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. However, there are a few things I did not enjoy about this hotel. First, my hotel room was not refreshed once during my five night stay (sheets and towels hadn't been changed once, carpet wasn't vacuumed and floors weren't swept, and soaps/shampoo/etc. were never replenished). Second, my room came with a kitchenette with some basic supplies to make a simple meal. However, the small kitchen area, including the dishware, wasn't very clean and discouraged me from cooking. In-room coffee service was offered but since the room wasn't serviced, I had to keep going to the front desk to ask for coffee, creamer, and sugar.

It is an excellent value and I would consider staying here again if I was only staying for one or two nights. But for longer stays, I would recommend another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a little creek.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Yale_Alum
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping services. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us. for this i am sorry.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure in the future we properly communicate our services to all guests. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further feel free to reach me at eleal@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Royston, Georgia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

my husband and I had to come to salt lake city for medical and stayed in here....... very CLEAN, very NICE, QUITE and close to lots of food and buslines.. ALEX at the front desk helped me by copying some paper work i needed real quick and JESSICA helped get a fax i needed as well , very RESPECTFUL and HELPFUL.......... nice place to stay and relax WILL MOST DEF stay again if we have to come back to utah. thanks for making our stay comfortable .......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Alex and Jessica were able to meet your request in a timely manner. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Within walking distance of Westminster campus, but that's the only advantage. No daily cleaning, coffee not always ready at the front office in the morning, had to go ask for individual coffee for room coffee maker, dishes are hand washed. Can you trust the cleanliness of the maid and/or stranger who stayed in the room prior? I don't!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Sugarhouse Location. I sincerely apologize that our services did not meet your needs. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate feedback as yours. Yet, in response to your feedback, I will personally ensure the staff is properly trained on our amenities thus ensure situations as you encountered do not occur again. I sincerely apologize again.

In regards to the lack of our daily housekeeping services please note that one of the reasons we are able to provide such low rates is by eliminating such services the extended stay traveler seems as no need such as daily housekeeping.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great team-
Clean, simple and a great convenient location.
Staff is great and very helpful.
For a no nonsense stay and conveniece to many places- stay here an they will treat you right.
Great upgrades and construction is over.

Room Tip: South side is quiet and you can hear water all night
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we are your choice Hotel when you visited The Sugarhouse Area. It is GREAT to hear our staff was very helpful. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Moab
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed here many times this year as we come to SLC for medical services. It has indeed been our home away from home. It is wonderful to find an affordable place with so many advantages. The kitchenette has everything you could want. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating. They go out of their way to make sure any special reservation requests are met and that we are happy with our room. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable with everything in working order. We find the location unbeatable, a quiet haven in the middle of the city. There is convenient access to a variety of restaurants, the Wholefoods market and a quickstop just up the street. The nearby walking path and creek complete the home atmosphere. It's easy to forget you're in the middle of a city. The location is convenient to the hospitals and clinics we have needed to visit. It has been good to have such a dependably pleasant place to stay on our trips. We will continue to stay at Sugarhouse Homestead Suites whenever we're in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JKnomore
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you continue to visit us during your trips to Salt Lake City. It's also great to hear that our Staff is always accommodating to your needs. We sincerely thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed here many times and have always been satisfied with the accommodations because I knew what to expect. Note that this hotel caters to those who are staying for awhile, want basic amenities, and want the convenience of a kitchenette, all at a reasonable price. Amenities include in-room coffee maker (free coffee packets at front desk), microwave, two-burner stovetop, sink, refrigerator, and toaster with a sitting area. You are provided with silverware, dishes, cups, glasses, and some cookware. It is nothing fancy but you can get by. The bathroom has a hairdryer.

Because it's for extended stays, you won't get maid service every day. If you need more supplies, toilet paper, clean towels, etc., then you can get them from the front desk or they will bring them to your room. Also, if you need your room freshened up, they will send someone. Given that, you should be prepared for carpets that are not as clean as you might like, and for towels that are clean but may have some stains that didn't come out in the wash. This is not the Marriott--and that's why you get to pay such a reasonable price! If you get a stained towel, just take it to the desk for an exchange.

All rooms open to the outside, and this is partly why the floors can be pretty hard to keep clean. My solution is just to bring slip-ons or flip-flops to wear when I'm inside the room. I don't suggest going barefoot or in socks in any motel, and this one is no exception.

The property is set back from the street, and in the rear is a natural area called Hidden Hollow. It's a wonderful place for a morning walk. Close by are some good restaurants, and a Whole Foods is on the opposite corner, easy walking distance. The parking problem some reviewers have mentioned has been solved by a new parking garage nearby with passes for hotel guests at the desk. You have spectacular views of the mountains to the east, and you are very close to the famous Utah canyons.

I've always enjoyed my stays at Homestead Sugar House.

Room Tip: Ask for a "creekside room"--these rooms are in the rear and open onto the nature area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JayyEll
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding stays, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the Carpeting condition. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each room to ensure that we properly address every room with such conditions as the ones you described. We will continue to use your survey as a training tool to ensure such does not occur again.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day."