“Icky”

Motel 6 Salt Lake City Downtown
Ranked #68 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This place is gross, but you get what you pay for. The guy at the front desk was nice enough, but our room was nasty. Giant pee stain on the bed, soaked through all the blankets to the mattress. Gave us a new room, but it was hard to get that image out of my mind.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank campinidaho

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Went to SLC for Sundance this year and decided to spend less on the hotel and more on the movies. Wasnt expecting a whole lot seeing as how we only stayed 5 nights and spent $289 while every other surrounding hotel was $600+. We got what we paid for. A room with 2 beds, a shower, a toilet and a small tv thats pretty much it. They cleaned our room everyday, gave us plenty of towels and being so small and boring it made us want to get up and get out each day. This is NOT luxury living by any means so if your looking for quality dont stay here. (They dont provide shampoo/conditioner, tissues) If you can rough it and save the money then this is your place. **Important note i would want to know about is the linens and bed. Very crappy. We went to the local Target and bought our own blankets bc I was afraid to use the one provided** The bed was my only complaint. And the room did have a weird smell but nothing i couldnt ignore. The best part about it is probably the location- located near everything.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SarBear32
Reviewed September 10, 2010

What a HORRIBLE experience !!! Arriving at 2am, after a 14 hour drive,my family & I stopped here for a good night sleep... HA!! The woman at the front desk (if you can call it that ) was not very friendly, then we go to a room that smells just gross, even the beds & sheets smelled, the lights didn't work, they just flickered, and the water in the sink barely trickled out. The next morning we found that we couldn't even shower because the water coming out was barely a mist. This was by far the worst place I've ever stayed in my life & would never recomend it to anyone !!! THIS MOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT OR TORN DOWN !!! GROSS GROSS GROSS ~ STINKY GROSS!! ~

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank bartons_10
Reviewed April 29, 2010

After a night on the town in Salt Lake City we were trying to find a cheap place to stay the night at 2am. This place is old, smelly, dirty and scary. Ended up being $55 for two people. Our friends also stayed there. When they got to there room they found it was not even made up and had to get a different one. No shampoo in any of the bathrooms. Were woken up at 4am by someone screeming. This went on for an hour and a half untill the Police came. We cheaked out a 7am and let the area as fast as we could. For a 5 hour stay and 2 hours of sleep was not a good deal after all.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rogich24
Reviewed April 12, 2010

First they send me to a room that was not made up. I opened the door and the beds were all messy. Plus there was a disgusting cigarette smell in the room that was supposed to be a non-smoking room.
The second room they sent me was also very stinky. Finally, the third room was a bit better ( only the bathroom smelled like cigarette). The carpet had nasty stains, the bed covers had holes caused by cigarettes!! Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pirlimpimpim
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I'm no stranger to motel 6. I've probably stayed in 10 in the past year or so and have always found my stay modest, but comfortable. But this one was different, in a bad way. Starting at about 1 am there was drunken screaming right outside my door. I called the front desk and they said they would send security to take a look. I don't know if they didn't take me serious or if security just came and left but about but the screaming continued. I really need to get to sleep so I was just about to check myself out in the middle of the night when a group of drunken guys tried to break into my room. I was scared to death being a young girl staying by myself. I called the front desk again and they said they would send security again. The noises continued but i was too scared to go outside and face the drunken mob by myself so i stayed the rest of the night hardly sleeping a wink. To top it off in the morning the toilet overflowed leaving a huge mess. I would never stay here again.. Please don't stay here!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank aasfaslfdkadf
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Back in SLC for the first time since 2004, the Motel 6 was better 5 years ago.

You get: A basic room, it's clean, but kind of worn out. They renovated the shower, it works, in all directions, you will flood the floor, no choice. Friendly staff, if you have a car, the location is good, near Interstate 80 and just a few blocks from the Gateway, the Arena, Temple Square.

You pay: about 50 bucks a night. A solid base for exploring SLC and the great Skiresorts around.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends