“Nice boutique hotel in downtown Salt Lake”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the nicer hotels in Salt Lake City and located right in the heart of the city. Close to good restaurants, the Salt Palace (Events), and other SLC areas. Nicely restored classic in-city hotel with comfortably and stylishly furnished rooms.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay in the Hotel Monaco. From the moment we pulled up with our car the staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was open late and the food was delicious. The beds were comfy, though perhaps on the small side. We only stayed for one night but we left well rested.

Room Tip: The beds in the twin Queen room we stayed in were a little small.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fivesideddie
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room last minute to celebrate our anniversary. We booked a Queen room that came with a bottle of wine. When we arrived they had bumped us up to a king of room, and we made it just in time for complimentary happy hour. The snacks were yummy too! The amenities were original and nice, and the staff was helpful and friendly. My only complaint was that when we came back to the room late that night, we realized there isn't a television service. Any movie had to be paid for which I found a little weird. We could have just been to intoxicated from all the free booze to figure it out. It wasn't a big drawback though, and we will definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family and dog stayed 1 Friday night over Christmas break. The packages online were great, however we booked a government discount. Valet was $19 per night. The Bellman was very helpful and knowledgable and he walked the bags up with us, immediately after check in. The suite was exquisite and had a bedroom separated by archway and curtain. It was plenty of privacy to separate our family of 4. There was a dog bed already there with a couple of treats. The bell man gave our dog a treat as well. There was only 2 glasses and 2 towels for a room booked for 4. It took over 30 minutes start to finish to get our sofa bed made up because the housekeeping was overworked. I almost missed the complimentary happy hour as a result. But hey... There's a complimentary happy hour! After our evening out we requested more towels, and again, it took 30 minutes for towels to arrive. It was the same lady; she appeared to be the only house keeper working that day. Twice we called ahead for our car, giving over 15 minutes notice, yet to have them run out to get our car once we showed up outside. Overall it was a classy experience for the self-sufficient dog family, but for anyone who needed valet or housekeeping it was a bit of a drag. I would definitely stay here again, but they clearly must hire more housekeepers and get the valet call-ahead-system to work better.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is probably my favorite hotel in all the world. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and bed and breakfasts all over America and Europe. Hotel Monaco Salt Lake is my number ONE! I love the decor, the service, and the little extra amenities. The Bambara restaurant on the first floor ties with Log Haven for my favorite restaurant in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

close by to most of down town features, very clean rooms and the staff was wonderful! My daughter loved the pet gold fish and my wife and I loved the room service. a couple staff members that really stood out was a young lady at the front desk named Katie. she went above and beyond with any and all of our needs, another would be a young man named Justin, he had a "go get em" attitude and I felt they both really had a lot of pride in there job which you just don't see among todays younger generation. would and will go back for sure.

Room Tip: none are bad!
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel delivers what you expect from a Kimpton hotel - something unique that is clean and comfortable. The location is great (near City Creek mall) and there is a good bar / restaurant in the building. I stayed in a Monte Carlo suite, which was large and comfortable, but with no views. There were 2 t.v.s, a king size bed, and a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The service was very good as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business