We checked in to the Hotel Monaco for a one-night stay after a short ski trip in Park City. Upon arrival, the valet was quick to help with our rental vehicle and pleasantly explained the terms of the valet service. At the front desk, the friendly staff engaged us in conversation and provided information about the complimentary wine hour and massage later in the evening.
The room was what I expected for a Hotel Monaco--fun and colorful decor, clean, and an adequately stocked minibar. There was even a personalized welcome note on the bed for our arrival. The view from the room (10th floor) provided sights of the mountains along with views of portions of the downtown area.
After exploring the downtown SLC area by foot, we relaxed on the comfortable beds until dinner time. We decided to eat at the Bambara restaurant conveniently located on the first floor of the building and were not disappointed. The decor of the restaurant was fashionable and the food was above average.
For breakfast, we decided to take advantage of room service by using the order form found in our room. This is where we encountered a minor issue that was quickly rectified by the hotel. On the form we selected the time frame we wanted delivery to occur. During that time frame, we received an apologetic phone call from room service that there was a mix up with when breakfast was supposed to be delivered and were assured that it would arrive within 15 minutes. The breakfast was, in fact, delivered during that time and we were comped for it by the hotel--a very nice gesture that I feel exemplifies their strive to provide excellent service.
Checkout from the hotel was easy, and there was no wait for the valet to bring around our vehicle. An excellent stay overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated boutique Hotel Monaco, located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, combines sumptuous décor, savvy service and superb amenities, making this luxury hotel unabashedly seductive. Set in a refurbished landmark building, the hotel sits across from the Capitol Theater and near Energy Solutions Arena,historic Temple Square, Salt PalaceConvention Center, Salt Lake Art Center and more. Adjacent is the award-winning Bambara restaurant, a favorite of locals and visitors alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton Salt Lake City
- Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City
- Hotel Monaco a Kimpton Hotel
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City Utah