“A great experience”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

From the time I arrived at Hotel Monaco I was treated great. The Valet were nice and always offered directions and help every time I left and arrived at the hotel. They were also very prompt when I needed my vehicle. The staff are very helpful, and polite. They made me feel comfortable and at home. When I first arrived at the hotel, the front desk asked if I would need help with my bags, and if they could help with anything. The rooms although a little small were clean, and well stocked. Room service was great and prompt. The maid service was awesome. I'd come back to the hotel to a clean room everyday with fresh towels, and linen. They'd even organized my toiletries for me. They offer a wine and hot cider party from 5-6pm everyday. I loved that the hotel was centrally located and I could walk to most places. I can't wait to stay here again. Oh, and I can't forget that they do put a $100 hold on your card for incidentals for everyday that you're with them, plus an extra $150 on top of it. Thats not something that I was used to, and was glad that I had funds tucked away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Over Christmas break we took our pet cat Jacques with us. Had never travelled with our pet before so were nervous about him being in a new place. Well the Monaco was the perfect place for our stay! The staff were gracious and helpful, our room had pet bowls and litter, and our cat felt comfortable. The maintenance staff were thorough and patient, and our cat was eventually roaming the halls (on a leash) and greeting other pet patrons. It was a blast! The location was nicely central and the tram was 2 minutes away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here on two separate visits and love it!!! It is small enough to give personal service, yet it also has services that one would find in larger hotels (fitness room; in room spa). Bike rental is awesome and room service is great!! Would be nice if the fitness room was a little larger, but it works. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Coffee in the lobby in the morning and wine in the evening (along with chair massages)...perfect!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Comfortable and charming albeit small rooms, good location, excellent food, decent fitness facility. However, this is not recommended for people who have to actually get up and go to work. Breakfast doesn't even start until 7:00 (8:00 on Saturdays).

Also, it is important to ask for a room away from the two main streets. Both are heavily trafficked while one has a trolley (a surprisingly convenient, comfortable and fast mode of transportation, which was the last thing one would expect in Utah) running 20 hours a day.

Room Tip: Facing away from both major streets is critical to ensure quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Hotel Monaco. The staff were always available and seemed genuinely happy to have us as guests. The manager's wine and hot cider party in their lobby, daily at 5pm - 6pm was perfect as we were winding down, from a day of shopping, in front of their beautiful fireplace. In the lobby, the following morning, we discover Mighty Leaf Tea, coffee and amazing hot chocolate.
Breakfast in their restaurant was fabulous. It reminded us of the breakfasts we had in Paris...delicious!
There are great shops within a few blocks of the hotel. The Temple Square was very close as well. We loved Salt Lake City and will visit Hotel Monaco again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TuckerCrew
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved this hotel. We were there for a romantic weekend stay, and had a great time. It's in a great downtown location and the staff is helpful.
The room was great and clean.
Shower was a bit small, and the tv remote didn't work too well, oh well.
If I were to book it again, I may really consider doing the room above the standard king size bed.
Bombara restaurant located in the hotel is definitely worth trying, it's amazing. Best restaurant in SLC (in my opinion).

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Great location for a business travel stay. Centrally located to downtown venues and clean well-appointed rooms. Great restaurant on premises and staff was attentive. Fitness room is basic and no apparent shuttle service (you need a rental car to access much of the area offerings beyond immediate downtown area).

• Stayed: February 2013