Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$89
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
$112
$93
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$108
$98
AscendHotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Salt Lake City Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$200
$180
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$159
$127
  • Restaurant
$135
$131
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$130
$117
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$100
ComfortSuites
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$139
All reviewspioneer parkhomeless peopleliquor storefree parkingroom was cleantemple squarenice hotelfew blockswithin walking distancefree breakfastcookiespool and hot tubconvenient locationhot breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Disappointing to say the least. Part of the reason I booked was the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I can only guess those positive reviews came from people affiliated with the hotel or they were on crack. I was here to attend a convention at the Salt Palace. The walk is at least 15 minutes and you have to take care if you are returning in the evening. Next door is a Pawn Shop and Liquor store which attracts lots of police cars, and scary looking people. Lots of homeless people as well. Because there was a convention the prices were horrible, $160 a night. I was annoyed when I was at the front desk and someone walking in off the street was offered $99/night.
Cons: Breakfast buffet was awful. I’ve stayed at many Hampton Inns and have always had wonderful breakfasts. The food was awful (I was there five days). Maid service was marginal. A post it note saying they had changed the bedding was nice but I found a strawberry leaf in the sheets which had me concerned. One morning they didn’t empty the coffee grounds or replace the coffee and creamer so we had none which was disappointing despite the fact we tipped daily. I suspect there is a lot of crime in the area as one night a man was running down the street screaming ‘my car, my car, my car’.
The beds are hard. No refrigerator or microwave. No airport shuttle.
(Hilton Honors Member made no difference).
Pros: Internet free, staff nice, friendly and accommodating. The room was nice. If you are used to Hampton Suites, these rooms do not have a sitting room.
I should add that we came as a group and rented five rooms and had at least two people in each. Every single person had negative comments about their experience and none of us will stay here again. I will rent a car and drive to convention vs. staying here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 410 and didn't have issues with noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ginKetchikan
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

GinKetchikan,

Thank you for staying with us as you attended a conference in the area and for sharing your experience in this review. I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay.

Please know that we take the safety and security of our guests very seriously and do everything we can to make sure they are comfortable while at the hotel. Our housekeeping staff is diligent in maintaining a clean and comfortable environment and I apologize that they missed replenishing the coffee supplies in your room.

I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback that we will keep in mind as we continually work to improve our guests’ experience. If you would like to reach out to me to discuss your stay please feel free to call me at 801-741-1110. The next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again.

Joe Bessette

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very clean very friendly staff the rooms are spacious and may I add very quiet had an adjoining room I know I had someone next to me because I would see him come and go never heard his tv or his shower.There is plenty of hot water for a shower there afe flat screens that have direct tv that work great.Lots of places to pick from as far as eating. and there breakfast here is great.air conditioner also works SUPER .will freeze you out.I'm looking forward to my return trip in a few weeks and this is where I'm going to stay .Easy access to and from the parking lot also..

Room Tip: I was on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LEAVENONAJETPLANE65
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overall a GREAT hotel. The room was super clean and updated. Loved the pool too. Wasn't crowded at all when I took my son around 9 pm...The only complaint I have is that there wasn't a mini fridge in the room, but we managed without..The park across the street known as "hobo park" was sort of sketchy..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was on a business trip to Utah. I never expected to enjoy it. The mountains were absolutely beautiful and the people were friendly. Especially a lady by the name of Molly at the front desk. Oh. And I can't forget the older gentleman Mac who passed out mints at breakfast.

Very nice place and if I get the chance to return to SLC, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Trinitee0971,

Thank you for your comments!! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely recognize Molly and Mac for the excellent service that they gave to you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Joe Bessette

Reviewed August 23, 2012

On the way to a long trip from one end of the US to the other, staying at Salt Lake city was necessary. Having a nice place to stay close to the expressway, but not on a noisy area is important. We had a good night's sleep, a nice breakfast and off we went to the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family