“Delicious food and excellent service”
Review of The Wild Grape - CLOSED

The Wild Grape
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: UTA bus stops at the restaurant.
Lehi, Utah, United States
“Delicious food and excellent service”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is such a little gem of a restaurant in SLC. The food is excellent and well priced, nice menu with some original items, but not snobby at all. The service is excellent and very friendly. Especially Sean, the head Bartender and award winning mixologist. He is so friendly, knowledgable and handsome. We love The Wild Grape and can't wait to go back.

Visited April 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Rather uppity without enough food knowledge to back it up”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place touts itself to be wonderful, classy, gourmet. OK they have a good wine list, but the food - ? A so-called Beet Salad was a green salad with a scant few chopped beets on top. I have been disappointed in this place more than once.

Visited August 2012
Troy G, Owner at The Wild Grape, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
This is very disappointing to hear about your poor experience at our restaurant. My wife and I work very hard to try and keep anything like this from happening. We have taken measures to ensure quality and service to each guest. We have hired a great new chef who has been written up in Salt Lake Magazine, City Weekly and Tribune. We thank you for your feedback as without your support we wouldn't have known this happened. We believe in our restaurant and would like to invite you and a guest back on us. I can be reached at tgreenhawt@msn.com We do hope you will take us up on our offer. Thank you again

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Hot Spot”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great neighborhood spot - always busy. Hostess was a bit spacey. We told her we were at the bar and she forgot and deleted our reservation, but she found us a good table. The spinach salad with poached egg is to absolutely DIE FOR!

Visited October 2011
Bountiful, Utah
“Worst food I've ever eaten!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We heard this place was good, but all of us said we'd never go back after our experience there. There was only one person in our party who said their food was okay, and the rest of us absolutely hated the food we got. The burgers and fish were charred on the outside giving it a horrible flavor, and they were totally raw on the inside. The other dish was so greasy, that after one bite it was pushed aside. The bread was good, but I'd rather spend my $ eating food that's actually edible. I've never hated a restaurant until now!!

• Visited July 2012

salt lake city
“Good but I expected more”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had heard great things about Wild Grape for years but had not made our way there until last night. I was somewhat taken back by the interior - Restaurant Meets Loft. Done right it can look great. Here the look was tired.

Menu had lots of interesting choices. We opted for the bacon wrapped smoked calamari appetizer and followed by Grilled Artichoke risotto and Flat Iron steak with frites, asparagus, bernaise sauce. The calamari disappeared in the bacon. The risotto was very good served with grilled artichoke hearts, grilled oyster mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, but the portion was ridiculously large - easily enough for two people. A lot of people find large portions a sign of getting good value. Not me. Rice is cheap. Filling a large bowl with it just allows a place to justify a higher price - $19 + $4 more for a dinner salad. The flat iron steak was good, though I am glad I like my meat rare because even though I ordered it medium rare, it was quite rare. This seemed to be a problem for others as well as at the next table the woman looked askance at her quite-red hamburger.

Wine list had some very nice choices and was priced reasonably. Service was competent but a bit slow. Our initial wine order took almost 10 minutes to arrive from a bar only 20 feet way while the place was only half full, if that.

All in all I think it was OK, but maybe their eye isn't on the ball as it might have been when they first opened. Our experience was not reflective of the buzz that accompanied this place initially.

• Visited July 2012
Troy G, Owner at The Wild Grape, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
This is very disappointing to hear about your experience at our restaurant. My wife and I work very hard to try and keep anything like this from happening. We have taken measures to ensure quality and service to each guest. We have hired a great new chef who has been written up in Salt Lake Magazine, City Weekly and Tribune. We thank you for your feedback as without your support we wouldn't have known this happened. We believe in our restaurant and would like to invite you and a guest back on us. I can be reached at tgreenhawt@msn.com We do hope you will take us up on our offer. Thank you again