Review Highlights
Fun half day birding trip in SLC

My husband and I were planning a trip to the Salt Lake City area with friends. We are new to... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
bluebonnetb2
Dallas TX
Birding with Tim Avery and Pitta Nature Tours is an incredibly satisfying adventure!

Absolutely incredible experience! This was my second trip out to Utah to bird with Tim. My first... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
robertgB6881ZE

All reviews pitta birding trip target species his knowledge contacted tim ruby mountains local birds great company different species finding birds burrowing owl life list personable guide bird species southern utah private tour salt lake area
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2019

I went on the Flammulated Owling tour and it was so fun! We saw several types of hummingbirds, swallows and so many other birds. Once it was dark, the main attraction showed themselves, our Flammies. Such little owls with such big eyes. You need to add this bird to your bird list. Tim was a very likeable and knowledgeable guide. Quick to spot and name birds and gets you lined up for photos if you want to take them. Just make sure you use a good dose of bug spray all over before you go!

Reviewed July 16, 2019

I highly recommend going on a birding tour with Tim, even if you're already an experienced birder. Tim's bird knowledge is endlessly interesting. There's no better way to see flammys.

Reviewed July 13, 2019

We spent 12 hours with Tim Avery throughout the mountains around Salt Lake City and Northern Utah. This was a fantastic experience! He is an amazing birder in all aspects, habitat, song, call, visual identification and photography. We plan to return soon! Highly recommended!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank gauxingK307NR
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Tim is amazing. Personable, professional, and (most importantly) he knows his stuff! Did the photography tour with my father and had a wonderful time. Tim bought us equipment, taught us techniques, found us several owls within minutes of set up and made sure everyone got an amazing shot. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

I hired Tim as my birding guide to help me find the last North American owl that I needed to see in the wild, and I got more than I bargained for! We saw three, and heard an additional eight more! Tim was very knowledgeable with this owl (and also other birds) and would explain much of what is known about Flammulated Owls. Tim was very enjoyable to be around, very helpful and friendly, and really knows his birds and where to go to find them. I would highly recommend hiring Tim with Mountain West Birding Company for any birding trips you have in the future. I know I will!

Date of experience: June 2019