Review Highlights
Fun half day birding trip in SLC

My husband and I were planning a trip to the Salt Lake City area with friends. We are new to... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
bluebonnetb2
Dallas TX
Birding with Tim Avery and Pitta Nature Tours is an incredibly satisfying adventure!

Absolutely incredible experience! This was my second trip out to Utah to bird with Tim. My first... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
robertgB6881ZE

All reviews pitta birding trip target species his knowledge contacted tim ruby mountains local birds great company different species finding birds burrowing owl life list personable guide bird species southern utah private tour salt lake area
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Tim took us looking for flammulated owls on solstice eve. We saw owls really close up, and many other birds as well. We were well prepared for the hikes with water bottles, bug spray, and jackets at his suggestion. Tim is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank Lynne K
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Tim is a fantastic guide so friendly and kind. He's funny too. I felt very comfortable on his tour which was sold out. The vehicle used was comfy and he was very respectful of the birds making sure to not harrass them and educate all guests on how to respectful and ethically view the owls. We had over ten Flammulated Owls that night and 3 different species of owls including Saw-whets and Great-Horneds other good birds like Poorwills. Before the tour got going he showed us some nice birds in the daylight like Bald Eagles and a lovely viewpoint. I highly recommend him for his ethical viewing , friendly demeanour and success rate in delivering as promised! Fantastic guide best one I've been out with actually!

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank Canadiatravelgoddess
Reviewed October 9, 2017

This was my first experience with a guided bird trip and it could not have been better. Actually, it could have been better....if I had scheduled a full day with Tim and not just half a day!! Thank you, Tim, for an excellent birthday!

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank Robin C
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Not only did Tim deliver the birds, but he kept us in good spirits, even when hiking up a mountain at 3am. His birding expertise is profound, and he has extensive knowledge on a number of other topics, including insects, geology, local culture, and more. Plus he picked great places to eat. Can't go wrong with Tim.

Date of experience: July 2017
3  Thank DanToronto1977
Reviewed July 25, 2017

A 2:00 a.m. wake-up and a 3:00 a.m. start on a 10 switchback rocky trail in the dark with headlamps was the beginning of a great day of birding with Tim. We saw the birds as we hit 9700 ft and they were about 10,000 ft. Tim got on them and we had a hay day viewing the birds. After that we strolled down the lush flower-filled meadows viewing many other local birds. Tim has excellent skills -- bird songs, calls and sightings. And , thankfully, he is oh so patient with those of us slower on the bird. Superb day with Tim.

Date of experience: July 2017