“Great place to stay in Salt Lake City”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Bram B
“Great place to stay in Salt Lake City”
Reviewed August 6, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Vincent and Ken are great hosts and very hospitable. We enjoyed our talks. The room (actually the downstairs floor) is great and very clean. We enjoyed the hot tub on the patio. We were also very thankful we could use the washing machine and the kitchen to prepare some food. The fridge was filled with yummie things for breakfast. We highly recommend this place to stay in Salt Lake City!

Your age range 25-34
Oliver R
“perfect appartment in salt lake city”
Reviewed August 1, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had a great stay at their appartment. They directly welcomed us like friends and had some good chats.

Their guest appartment is large, clean and you'll have your own bedroom, bathroom, livingroom and kitchen in the lower floor of the appartment of the house. It also has access to a balcony with a great view over salt lake city.

The breakfast was delicious and we had access to drinks and snacks in the fridge during our stay.

We would certainly stay again and recommend it to others.

Charles H
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Totally da bomb!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We were blown away by the over the top service Vincent and Ken provided! No hotel can or will ever match how pampered we were during our stay. I felt so at home. The house has awesome spaces. I love the decks! The view was spectacular! There's nothing like being able to look down on the city at night. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Salt Lake from someone that actually lives there. I will always stay at the DeSoto Tudor while I'm in Salt Lake City. Vincent and Ken are the best hosts ever! They became great friends, too.

Aug 2, 2017
We enjoyed having you stay with us! It's fun to share our experiences here in Salt Lake and help people make the most of their time while they are here. Vincent has been in the hotel industry for a very long time and works hard to make each guest's stay the best they have ever experienced. We enjoyed sitting on the deck with you watching the thunderstorms roll in.... best view on Capitol Hill, right? You are welcome back any time!
Tom M
“Exemplary Hospitality, quite simply the best of the best!”
Reviewed July 30, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This Salt Lake City, Desoto Tudor on Capitol Hill is in a remarkable location. Whether you are seeking SLC Night Life or quick access to local attractions this is the premier place to stay. The living area includes private access to easily over 1000 sq ft of space including a superb, well provisioned kitchen, newly remodeled bathroom and bedroom, and living room. Also included is a fabulous patio area where you can sit at a table and view the mountains while enjoying your coffee, tea and breakfast and later on take a dip in the huge hot tub.
Ken and Vince (the owners) invited us during the evenings to the front porch for lively conversation with themselves and friendly neighbor passersby or if we desired they would respect our privacy to be alone, so I can say with absolute confidence this is a great place for all types of guest.
We had so much fun, and we'll visit again when the opportunity avails itself.
Best regards.
Tom & Eileen McConnell

Aug 2, 2017
Tom and Eileen - Your stay was memorable with us as well. It felt like we were visiting with family and enjoyed making your stay one of a kind. Our porch is always open to our guests, and you will get the opportunity to visit our friends as well. We are always aware that our guests come from many backgrounds, and sometimes they want their privacy, and we will honor that every time. We treat each guest as an individual, insuring that their needs and wishes are met beyond their imagination.
Jennifer...
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Ken and Vincent are amazing hosts. The apartment was perfect, with plenty of space. Private hot tub, a fully stocked kitchen, and fresh fruit bowls every morning. It's beautiful and worked out perfectly for our honeymoon.

Aug 2, 2017
We were blown away when Jennifer and her new husband pulled up in a vintage car after their wedding! We had no idea what a special occasion they had, and they choose to stay with us! We immediately went into celebration mode for them, making sure the hot tub space was private, with candles lit, and ready for them to enjoy. We knew this was a special time for them, and interacted with them when they came to us, leaving them as much space and privacy as they deserved! It was a pleasure to make their weekend special!
Abhishek...
“Very comfortable stay and a personable experience with the hosts!”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Vince and Ken were amazing hosts to me during my stay in their private home-turned-studio-suite accommodation. This was a much more personable experience than staying in one of downtown's run-of-the-mill standard hotels. Perched halfway up Capitol Hill, the location is ideally suited for a short walk to the Capitol Building, the Temple Square and most of the bar/restaurant scene in Downtown Salt Lake City. The private bedroom with attached bathroom accommodation itself was very comfortable and had everything catered to that I could think of. The host was highly respecting of my privacy and was extremely accommodating of my personal needs. We bonded on a personal level and they were very kind to let me carry food/snacks for my long road trip the next morning. I would definitely come stay at De Soto Tudor the next time I visit Salt Lake City!

Your age range 25-34
Aug 2, 2017
Shek was a wonderful guest! He was personable and extremely fun to get to know. He had a long drive that day and needed some rest before continuing his drive the next day. We greeted him, showed him around the house, and then left him to relax and settle in. We knew he had a long drive ahead of him and made sure he had snacks, homemade brownies and fruit to take along with him. We got to make a connection with him as well, and enjoyed getting to know him and hear about his new adventure!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful home away from home experience!”
Reviewed July 18, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I loved staying here! Great location, very quick access to downtown Salt Lake City and the hospitality can't be beat! Vincent and Ken were so welcoming and friendly, it was truly a home away from home. I enjoyed peace and quiet in the suite space when I needed peace and loved having company a few stairs away to chat and laugh with. LOVED relaxing on the front porch with the guys and getting a chance to peacefully soak in the hot tub on my last night. I could go on and on about all of the great amenities available during my stay, they were all very much appreciated! You don't get hospitality and friendship like I experienced staying at a hotel!

Aug 2, 2017
Exactly what we want our guests to experience - the home away from home feeling! We enjoy making sure our guests KNOW they are welcome to visit with us any time during their stay, but can also hide away in their suite just to enjoy the peace and quiet, read a book, listen to music, or chat with their loved ones at home. The experiences we have with our guests are awesome and quickly a friendship is born.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing