“1 Of The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“1 Of The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

WOW…What a hotel. Best stay I ever had. Certainly better then some upscale east coast hotels I have stayed at. The lobby was grand and opulent and dressed our nicely for Christmas. I choose to pay the extra and stay in the tower. The room was very large and allowed plenty of room to entertain. Food in the restaurants was a bit pricy but good. Housekeeping did a fantastic job keeping the room clean and supervisors following up. The turndown service is a nice touch with them also bringing ice and chocolate too. There was a large tub in the bathroom that could have been even better if there had been a jacuzzi tub. The elevators (3) were all very fast covering the 15 floors in about 20 seconds. There was a lot in in-hotel shopping which I cannot speak about. The business center was very expensive at $1.00 a minute for computer/printer access considering at most hotels this is a free service. Don’t forget your phone charger because the hotel changes $10.00 an hour to use theirs. We did have free H/S internet in our room and choose to go wired instead of wireless for security reasons. Valet parking was very inexpensive with very short wait times and a very attentive valet staff.
This is one place my wife will never forget and talk about forever.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

This was my first stay at Little America, and I was looking forward to it on the recommendation of friends. The front desk staff member checking me in was pretentious and stuffy. Not at all friendly or helpful. The bathtub in our room was completely plugged, not draining for hours. Maintenance did come to fix it, but it shouldn't have been in that condition. No coffee maker in the room - just a note to call the front desk to have one brought to the room. Two hours later the coffee maker still hadn't arrived, and we had to call again. Beds are not comfortable at all - they haven't been upgraded to pillow-top type mattresses and are similar to sleeping on a bed of rocks. Not a good experience and I will not recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

I traveled to SLC for a family wedding. Hotel is quite nice with a great location and beautiful lobby which was being decorated for the Christmas season while I was there. The staff is kind and friendly. Food in the main restaurant was very good as was the service. Smaller restaurant was fine for breakfast. Indoor/outdoor pool area was also very nice.

The reason I rated with mixed feeling was that I was unable to correct problems I encountered. The first night I returned to the hotel around midnight. I found the room extremely hot. I put the thermostat on cool and turned the fan to high. Unfortunately, it did no good the eventually turned off the heating system and opened the window the 3 inches it would open. My husband and I were both unable to sleep. Also, that same night I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and when I reached for a glass to rinse, I realized there was a hair sitting on the bottom of my unused glass. It was quite disgusting!

The next morning I took the glass to the front desk as evidence and to explain why I was disappointed in the room heating system. I asked if housekeeping could supply me with disposable glasses and was told it would be no problem. I was given a small $20 credit for our inconvenience. When I returned to my room at 10 pm that evening I discovered new glasses were delivered but they were not the disposables I requested. I have never been a fan of glassware in hotels since the majority of times they are only wiped out and not sterilized. Someone had come to our room to fix the heating system and said that was taken care of but again that evening, the room was much too hot for out liking and we again turned off the system and opened the window.

I guess there is no way to have your room cooled or heated to your personal preference.
While the front desk was very sorry for the inconvenience nothing was really corrected during my stay even though I went to the front desk twice to explain my concerns.

The room was much larger than most conventional hotel room.s For that reason I did like the room. If someone had followed up to make sure my problem was corrected it would have probably been a very good stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

The lobby is gorgeous and the food in the restaurant for breakfast was excellent. A great perk is that you can walk right across the street to the Grande America Hotel, the five star hotel in SLC, and have a drink in their lobby or eat in their restaurants and charge it to your room at Little America.

The garden rooms are less expensive than those in the tower, but very nice. The bathrooms are very clean but do have the good ole pink tile from the 50's. The other parts of the room khowever, were totally up to date with nice furnishings and linens.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Rexburg, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

We travel to SLC often. We always stay at Little America when ever we stay overnight. . The rooms are large and comfortable. The food is excellent. Breakfast is a favorite in both the Dining Room and the Coffee Shop. The Sunday Brunch is famous in SLC.Some of the rooms can be dated but they are always updating rooms. The pool is nice, you are able to swim under a wall and be outside. We are never disappointed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Castle Dale, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

i really enjoyed staying at this hotel this past year. it is a really amazing place. i thought it was a very clean hotel, with great service, a classy place. i will be staying there again in the near future! i would recommend Little America to all my Friends and Family!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Pocatello, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

Little American is SLC has to be one of the best hotels in town. The service is always top notch and the roons are very clean. Overall, the facilties are extremly elegant and the fitness room and pool area are vey nice and well kept. The TV in the room could use updating and the heater knob was broken, but we were able to find a comfortable temp without a problem. The views from this hotel are outstanding and it is very close to the transit system.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple