“Excellent”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Stayed 2 nights we were in the cheapest room, courtside queen,with tax, 100 a night, The room was very clean, there was a slight odor like a musty rug smell, but not bad.
I would definately choose this option again, Excellent location, felt safe. Ask for a room that opens to the parking lot. The courtside rooms can open to the street or a corridor that is open
all night which could be unsafe, or the parking lot, that is more of a swimming pool, fountain, garden parking lot.
We were treated royally and had use of the excellent restaurants,
5 star lobby and inside shops. I researched all the hotels in
this area, and this IS the best all around. Feel safe, save money,
and ask for a courtside queen that is ground level facing either
the pool or the fountain, you won't be disappointed!!!!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank EvyDel
There are newer reviews for Little America Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2007

I stayed at a tower room, king bed. The room was huge. There could have been one person sitting at a table eating, another lying on a big couch reading a book, one at the desk working on their computer (ethernet connection), another in bed, one getting dressed in the powder room and one in the shower – and no one would be in anyone else’s way. And by the way it had more storage space in the bedroom, powder room and bathroom than I have at home! Really.
I felt spoiled at this hotel, compared to some of the other places I stay.
Also, in today’s world of energy efficiency and responsibility I felt somehow guilty as well. Too big, too many incandescent bulbs.
The restaurants were good, and service at both the café and the steakhouse was quick and friendly.
Great downtown location as well. I recommend this hotel, at least the tower rooms.
Safe travels – thedonk

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank thedonk
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Whatever you do, find out the type of room you are staying in! The hotel room I booked for myself using their website was "motel-style." It also smelled and looked very, very dated. I saw a second room in the "towers." This room, too, was badly in need of a face-lift and deep cleaning. Finally, like Goldllocks, I found a "lodge" room that was just right. So do check out the type of accommodation you want because you may have an unpleasant surprise!

On the positive side, Ashley at the front desk worked patiently to find a good room for me. Also, the food (quality, quantity, presentation) in the hotel cafe was superb.

Finally, two small "nits" - the rooms I saw didn't have coffee/tea makers so if you stay in a "lodge" or "motel" room, you have to walk outdoors to get to the restaurant part of the complex. Finally, the rooms don't have hair dryers. To me, that is odd for a chain with Little America's reputation.

In short, good food, nice staff, but the overall impression is that this property is either going to be torn down or sold. There hasn't been enough updating (or even cleaning) to suggest otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Footloosewomen
Reviewed August 13, 2007

The Little America in Salt Lake City offers its guests a very pleasant stay.

The staff were always friendly including the airport shuttle drivers , the bellmen, the desk staff and the concierges. The weekend manager was quick and helpful in resolving a problem. The room was always fresh and clean except when we spread out our stuff.

You can walk easily or catch the UTA Trax which is very close and free if you are going to the Salt Palace Convention Centre or Temple Square from the Little America..

The hotel is close to lots of good restaurants and the new (wow) library. We ate several times at the restaurants in the hotel and enjoyed every meal. We also ate Mexican food at the Blue Iguana, wraps and beer at Squatters, and fusion food at Canella...all very good.

Be sure to ask for a quiet room so that you will avoid areas of high traffic or proximity to the elevators (if in the tower).

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Come_to_Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2007

I stayed in the Little America SLC for a few weeks on business travel, so I can provide some good and bad thoughts on this stay.
First the good...
The hotel was clean and inviting and the employees were polite.
The service and food in the coffee shop was great, and was delivered in a decent amount of time.
The gift shops and newsstand provided souvenirs or other necessities that may have been forgotten. (deodorants, hygiene products, etc).
The fitness area was small, but the few times I used it, I didn't have to wait on any equipment.
Now for the bad...
it took room service a few times to deliver items that were requested. I asked for a couple items, and each one took multiple calls to get them delivered to the room.
The indoor pool was being worked on, so the only pool available was the outdoor one which was often crowded.
the room layout could be improved. the tv and desk with internet connection were on the same wall, so when I would sit at the desk in the evening and work on my laptop, I couldn't watch tv at the same time without pulling the entertainment center away from the wall. The in-room internet service is not wireless, so moving to a more comfortable viewing position was not possible. (I don't usually travel with extra long Ethernet cable and extension cords)
another problem I had was with the shower heads. I'm 5'6" tall, and the shower head was set too low in the wall, I had to stoop lower just to wet and rinse my hair.
Since I was staying there for 3 weeks, I often put the do not disturb sign on the door since I didnt need the room cleaned every day. Even with the DND sign on the door, I would receive calls asking if I wanted my room cleaned, and even one night, as I was laying in bed watching TV, I heard a knock on the door, then keys being put in the lock. It was a maid stopping by to do the optional turn-down service that I did not request.
the only other comment I will make is not neccessarily a complaint, but some of the ground floor rooms had small patios, with fences around them, it would be nice if the fences had gates or weren't there at all, to allow the guests to pass through them without climbing over.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank jastor
Reviewed July 31, 2007

My fiance was out there three weeks for work purposes and I flew out for three nights.

The hotel is HUGE, the pool is refreshing, the food is EXCELLENT, its like a little city in SLC.

My biggest problem was when we requested some items. It took housekeeping several hours to get some extra pillows requested around 6pm. Then when I was there we were requesting more of the breakfast menus you place on the doorknob in the morning, which took 4 hours from our first call to get to us.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank SmokeysMom
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We decided to visit Salt Lake City and we decided to go to the Little America instead of the Grand America because of the money. I don't regret booking in the Little but what I do regret is booking in the courtside (I think this is the name for the rooms which aren't in the tower)

The rooms are very big and the bed is huge and smart but the sense of security is low and the noise is bigger. We had some problems with the bath but the staff helped us very soon.

A good choice if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

• Stayed: March 2007