“Sweet like a dollhouse with excellent service to match”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Service really stood out for me at this hotel. I was here for work and did not expect to be treated as if I was really on a vacation. From the moment I arrived with the bellhop caring for my bags, to the manager that took care of printing my papers when I had a need at 2:30 in the morning and had them delivered to my room, to the wait staff who were highly attentive, turn down service, and a gentlemen that just delivered ice cream to my room : ) The room is beautiful! I am staying on the 16th floor in the tower. If you can, stay on the 16th or 17th floor...they have the best balconies. My room is a king and has a full living room and very relaxing bathroom. I am in one of their robes after a very long day. Great hotel and worth the $152 a night it is costing me!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Little America Hotel

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Little America is an older hotel but for the most part well-maintained. The room was the cleanest I've ever experienced, which made up for the horrible scratches on the top of the desk. The worst part of the experience were the other visitors: yelling through the parking lot, children screaming on the balcony and the mother screaming, "Bobby! Don't let her fall!" I can't really fault the hotel for this, but it certainly didn't add to the ambiance.

If we get a good deal again, we'll consider staying there. But it isn't worth full price.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Old fashoned hotel with luxury linens Nice bed and room... No facilities.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We booked this hotel on their website after seeing a 4 diamond rating in the AAA. We had a great rate of $79 for Friday and Saturday night and $109 for Sunday. We had a garden room, which was lovely, but the tower would have been better as we had a 2nd floor room and no elevator. We had a long walk to the dining rooms and elevator which took you to the indoor and outdoor pools. Other than that the room was spectacular with a large bedroom area and an equally large living room with a couch, 2 chairs and coffee table. The decor was french provincial. The size of the bathroom was huge with marble countertops. The tub was enormous. We had breakfast and dinner here and were impressed with the decor, cloth tablecloths for both meals and attentive service. Be advised that while in Utah, one cannot order a beer or cocktail without ordering food. This is a state law and a bit inconvenient, especially if you just had a meal elsewhere, and wanted to spend time in a sportsbar or lounge and enjoy an afterdinner drink.
We also stayed at a Little America Hotel in Flagstaff, Az. The room size and decor was the same, just a smaller hotel and happened to be a bit more. Still a lovely place to be.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

I booked a name your own price room via Priceline and was immediately steered to an inferior "garden room", essentially a motel room with glass sliders facing the street! Was offered another room in that same (unacceptable) building and then a room in the main tower, but only at a $30 upcharge. I didn't stay, and neither the hotel nor Priceline would refund my already-paid room rate. I've filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Be very careful and very specific about what you want and what you'll pay if you book this hotel. Priceline calls it a four-star hotel, but for obvious reasons, I strongly disagree.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank FLTraveler32765
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I traveled with my elderly mother to Salt Lake City for a wedding. We had a tower room with two queen beds. Service was great, both helpful and friendly without being pretentious. The valets outside told us that we could park for free or use their services for $6.00 a day. Then they promptly unloaded our car for us and waited as we checked in. Our room was nice and large with a flat screen tv, Sofa, Table and chairs under a chandelier, desk, and separate dressing area with doors that closed, and complimentary robes to use during our stay. The bathroom looked very clean with marble tile walls and floors. There were plenty of mirrors to check our clothing and do our makeup. The separate dressing room was very nice as there is a vanity where you can sit and do your makeup and hair. We ordered breakfast room service and it came promptly at 7:00am and though pricey as all room service is, was very nicely done. Beds are turned down and a piece of chocolate placed on your pillow. Robes are placed at the foot of the bed and soft ambient music is turned on the radio. A lovely way to return to your room after a long day. The rooms were fairly well insulated. We were on the 10th floor and didn't hear any street noise or noise from other travelers in the hallway. It was very quiet. Because of the separate dressing room, my mother could get washed up and dressed and it didn't disturb me while I was sleeping. There is free wireless internet connection and a safe in your room. We were fortunate as they had a special and were able to get the tower room for $109 a night. I thought that was very reasonable for a nice hotel. The only thing I regret is that our trip was too short for me to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This was a very clean hotel with nice rooms as long as you're staying in the tower.

We paid extra to get a "garden view" room and when we showed up it was on the first floor of the "motor-inn" side of the motel with a view of the parking lot (that was blocked off for construction one day and a private party the next). When I voiced my concern to the hotel staff, he admitted that there was no garden view, but didn't agree the room had been misrepresented. I asked for a refund of the extra money we paid for a non-existent garden view or a free upgrade to the nicer tower rooms, but it took me about 15 minutes of talking to get him to finally agree. When I started to leave figuring it wasn't worth arguing he did switch me to a tower room because I mentioned that my review on Trip Advisor would be unfavorable. Our room in the tower was very nice and they had a great turn down service.

Also, the restaurant had an excellent brunch, but our server was a little weird. She wouldn't look us in the eye and was short with us (we didn't order anything special just the waffles and french toast). No big deal, we thought that was her MO, but then towards the end of brunch she was serving another group next to us and changed into a totally friendly talkative person with them.

Long story short: good tower rooms, tasty food, bad service