“A definite Wow. Great place and people.”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Moab, Utah
“A definite Wow. Great place and people.”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Short review: This lodging and its people wowed us, (and it is not often that a hotel does that). The folks here are very gracious, the food in the "coffee shop" amazingly good, the room spotless and the bed so comfortable that I had to buy one of the pillows ($40). The wi-fi worked great in our non-tower room.

Longer: We have often stayed at the Radisson, which we like, and had a terrible experience at Xmas time at the Marriott Residence Inn (definitely has gone down hill), so we decided to try a new place in Salt Lake. The Little America had new lower rates and our Courtyard (motel-like) room seemed affordable so we tried it out for two nights. Incredible.

The room (all are non-smoking, a firm king with 5 great pillows) is spacious, spotless, very well kept up, great tv, and fine, free wi-fi. Thick, generous towels. My wife loved the pillows so much that we bought one. Details in the room are not simply plucked from a Motel Supply catalogue. Everything functioned well (except the alarm clock/radio, whose radio alarm came on at 8:12 p.m. and I couldn't find how to disable it). Parking is free, location of the hotel right downtown but feels like a calm oasis.

While I had a coffee maker delivered to the room, I chose to go to the Coffee bar (different from the Coffee Shop Restaurant) in the lobby area with its very good coffee ($2) and free refills. We also ate at the Coffee Shop restaurant. Jenifer had the Roast Turkey dinner. I had the liver and bacon. Both dinners included a large, fresh, not-from-a-bag salad, great rolls, a truly baked potato (not steamed in a foil wrapper) good portions, and fresh carrots with zucchini. Plus ice cream. For about $14 each.

It was our interactions with the staff, however, that really made our stay special. Every person was gracious, friendly, obviously well trained, cared about working there, and made us feel special. (Thank You Staff!)

Would recommend the Little America to anyone. Location, price, comfort and, especially the staff. This will be our new home away from home in Salt Lake. Do not hesitate about staying here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank onegraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed here for our honeymoon. After paying for the event we were pretty strapped for cash so we chose the Little America over the Grand America. Having since stayed at both properties I prefer the Little America. The Grand felt old fashioned.

This is a very nice hotel and they treated us very well. I highly recommend. Enjoy your stay.

Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
San Mateo
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by Little America.

Overall: It looked average from the outside. However, the lobby is beautiful and impressive. The pool and spa are awesome. The pool is nice and warm. Quite big - indoor and outdoor. The hot tub was perfect. Great bathroom in the pool area too. The fitness center looked great.

Location: Great location. Close to freeways, airport, and restaurants (about 2 blocks away).

Room: My room was in the motel area. Didn't look like much from the outside. However, it was a very cute room - nice classic decor. Good tv, though not flat screen. Lots of channels. Comfortable beds. Nice big bath towels. Make-up vanity with good lighting. Iron and iron board in the room. Comfortable bed. Shower was nice with good pressure.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lelau
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Everything you could require is at your disposal. Fine dining, casual dining, gift shops, spa, computer area, breakfast quick coffee area , luxurious. Would stay again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2010

The concept of the pool was great. However, there are not 'adult' only hours. Here is it Valentines day and last night, this morning and again, tonight it looks like a preschool field trip. There is no way a couple could possibly enjoy it unless I throw a Babe Ruth into the pool. What a disappointment. I even think the area is advertised as a 'spa' area. Ha!

If you don't intend to use the pool then the place is great. But don't expect to have a quite moment in the hot tub unless you can get a room with one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown, KY
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times throughout the years. I was in the hotel when Mikhail Gorbachev stayed here. That was quite an experience. I had a business trip to SLC and had to talk my traveling companions out of getting their points at the Hilton. They were not disapointed. Right from the start everything was perfect. They gave us the military rate of 106.00 in a tower room without question. The bellmen opened the doors for us and watched our car while we checked in. Parking was underground which was good because it snowed that night. No cleaning off the car. The lobby is awesome. There are huge real flower arrangements throughout the lobby. I love to sit in the lobby and just people watch. The room is awesome. Huge is the key word. Large moveable Flat screen TV, no HDTV though. Free internet. There's even a phone next to the toilet! The room was clean. Housekeeping even offers a turn down bed service with chocalhtes. I forgot my razar. Within 3 minutes room service was at my door with a free razor and shaving cream. Room was very clean, Bed was perfect. You should always try to get a room in the towers. I have never stayed in the outside rooms, but all the action is in the tower. Access from the freeway is ideal. Walk to downtown is 1 mile, there is a free train outside the hotel to downtown as well. Eat at Pat's BBQ near 21st south if you get the chance. You'll have to drive, but it is well worth it. There breakfast buffet is well worth the price and the Sunday brunch is out of the world. Would recommend to everyone to stay here at least once in their life.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank apoplexy1
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 29, 2010

This hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the service was outstanding. The rooms were beautiful with exelent TV's bathrooms and beds! I would highly reccommend this Hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business