“My wife and I love this place!!”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I visit Little America at least 3 or 4 times a year for a get away. The rooms are big and comfortable with a reasonable price. We love the coffee shop for breakfast. Would highly recommend if you are thinking of staying in the downtown Salt Lake area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,913)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I’ve visited this hotel many times growing up, and I was excited to take my SO here on a getaway to SLC. After being away for so many years, I’m happy to say the resort is the same as I remembered, with some improvements!

Check-in was a breeze. The lobby and common areas were newly renovated, but retained the LA charm. The tower rooms were exactly as I remember; large and comfortable, with a dressing room adjacent to the large bathroom. Fixtures and furniture have been very well maintained but could use an update to match the rest of the resort.

Dinner at the newly renovated coffee shop was good. The coffee shop is a fixture of Salt Lake City living. The menu has been condensed from what I remember, but the offerings were great. Gone was the Cowboy Joe burger I loved, but I have to remember the last time I was there was over 15 years ago! :) The Little America burger is a unique but fine replacement.

Sunday Brunch is an experience. Everything is delicious and made to order.

On cold nights, the hot chocolate at the café in the lobby was great! We would take a cup to go before venturing outside to the light rail station to head downtown.

You cannot beat the affordable luxury at the resort and I’m glad to see it has stayed that way from visits in the past.

Room Tip: Choose one of the getaway packages online for a welcome bag, restuarant credit, and other nice touch...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wyo351
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Love it or hate it; it is classic Little America style. The rooms are monstrously large (probably as large as a suite) and have the same cliché decor such as red, white, and blue plaid lamp shades. Despite the dated feel, the room was absolutely spotless and had amenities such as a refrigerator, large tub, and fast internet.

The lobby is warm and elegant. Staff are friendly. I would recommend walking somewhere else to grab a bite to eat as there are plenty of comparably priced options just a few blocks away. For lunch, I recommend Robin's Nest.

Room Tip: If you are without a car, request a garden room near the lobby, but facing inward toward the parking...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HumJer
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have enjoyed this hotel a couple of times unfortunately this was not one. It was New Year's Eve , my husband had gone to a lot of effort to make this a special night for us. However when we got there they had us in the wrong room, he had ordered a room in the tower so we could see the fireworks from our room if we chose to be in. And he had ordered me stargazer Lilly's and columbian roses, my favorites but instead we had three red roses for Kate . The hotel never did find mine. Also several necklaces went missing that we're very important to me. House keeping has not turned anything up. Really disappointed with their nonchalance attitude. My husband did present me with a lovely engagement ring, no joke, he wants to get remarried. But not here!

Room Tip: I don't think they handled the crowd for first night well at all, the food was to die for!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christie B
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have been anxiously awaiting the completion of Little America's lobby and coffee shop upgrade. When we visited December 18, it had been unveiled. The changes are improvements that keep within the spirit of Little America. We frequently visit here and love the ambience, so I was relieved that no damage was done to the tone of the place with the improvements. Well done, Little America! I will look forward to the next phase of changes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is nice but if you stay in a Garden Room at the back you will find that the rooms are cold and don't heat up very well. Got so cold had to call the front desk for extra blankets at 2AM and got no break in the price for staying there...excellent hotel otherwise but the Garden rooms on the west end are older and the heating systems don't heat the room well, the floor is cold and drafty...otherwise the service, food and hotel staff are exceptional.

Room Tip: if you get a Garden Room you will need to bring an electric blanket and slippers because the floor i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rustywire
TheGrandAmerica, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the room you booked did not have proper heating. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. In most cases, our staff would have offered to move you to another room if convenient. I am sorry that this was not offered to you. Please know that we are constantly looking for and finding ways to improve our property and our rooms.
If you have any further comments about your stay, you are welcome to email me directly.
Ed Box
Little America Hotel, Salt Lake
edbox@littleamerica.com

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed at Little America many times. It has always been a great choice. The weekend rate for a courtside room with an AARP discount is reasonable. The beds are deliciously comfortable. The coffee shop is good...you can have a drink in a bar across the street in Grand America...the fitness center is great...there's an outdoor pool and a pool that's partially outdoors and partially enclosed...the downtown location is perfect, walking distance to many destinations, and across the street from a light rail stop too. The folks at the front desk are always friendly and responsive. The Little America Breakfast served by room service is a healthy way to start the day. Check-out is easy. There's plenty of parking. Yes, you can save money by staying elsewhere such as Motel 6, and I have done that many times, but I prefer to spend the extra money when my wife and I hit SLC for the comfort and amenities of Little America.

Room Tip: Courtside rooms are less expensive with the most convenient parking right by the room...Tower and Ga...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple