Little America Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$115
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
$210
$199
$139
$129
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$249
Hampton.com
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Restaurant
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$242
$224
  • Room Service
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$93
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City - Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$209
$146
$138
Orbitz.com
1,986 results
All reviewscoffee shoptower roommain towergrand americaindoor outdoor poolmotel stylesalt lakedressing roomdressing areaturn down servicerooms are hugelight railno elevatortemple squareparking lotsitting areavery nice hotel
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed the week for work when visiting, nice clean hotel although it is more along the line of suites as the rooms are quite large.

Nice restaurant and bar downstairs although the menu choice after 3 days was a bit repetative - quality was good though.

Gym was useful but not a huge choice of equipment - never used the pool but looked ok.

Location is close to centre SLC - tram ride is free to the centre. Would stay again for work

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. The property is beautiful and going through a renovation so there is only restaurant and it is a catch all bar/restaurant/ coffee house. There is limited seating the "bar" so dont expect a place to unwind.

The food itself was good but overpriced. The buffet was amazing but over $20 so when I can only eat one plate not really worth it.

The staff was amazing and the rooms are clean and spacious. Others are right the beds are HARD but the bedding is nice. One complaint I did have was that it was always hot in the hotel. It never got below 69 even with the air blasting in my room.

The location was nice with free trolley going through the downtown for sight seeing.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I spent 5 nights at this property in August for the Outdoor Retailer trade show. We were happy to stay downtown as opposed to staying out by the airport- rooms are scarce for this particular trade show.

I had an issue before ever walking into the lobby. Somewhat of a bizarre incident. The doorman was busy assisting someone else so I pulled the door open. It flung back quickly- something broken with the hinges? The prong on my engagement ring broke due to the door swinging back so fast causing my hand to hit the wall. The young lady at the check-in desk was completely unsympathetic. As I went back out I commented to the doorman who immediately got the manager on duty. Thankfully, the hotel DID take care of my ring repair but it was due to me not accepting the young lady's nonchalant attitude. I do appreciate mgmt working with me on the ring repair.

My room was not inside in the tall towers. It was across the parking lot in the courtyard "motel type" rooms. This was quite disappointing. The room was very spacious but the decor quite outdated. Getting past all that...the room let in a lot of the outside noise. The worst part though is the bed was hard as a brick and the pillows were terrible - they flattened like pancakes. 5 nights of terrible, noisy, uncomfortable sleep. I can deal with a lot but I must have my rest. Based on this experience I would not stay again.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are noisy!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TheGrandAmerica, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you were able to get your ring repaired. I apologize for the unsympathetic response you received. Please know that I have reviewed your comments with our Front Office staff as it is important for them to know the impact they had on your stay. It is unfortunate that you did not make us aware of your discomfort during your stay. I assure you that had we known you were unhappy with your room we would have done everything we could to make sure you were comfortable during your stay. We may have been able to move you to a different room or delivered foam pillows which we keep on hand for guests who do not like down pillows, or delivered a mattress topper to your room, etc. Thank you again for posting your comments. It is important for us to know the areas in which we need to improve.

Ed Box
Little America Hotel, Salt Lake
edbox@littleamerica.com

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We couldn't have been more disappointed in this hotel. At check in the front desk staff acted as if they were doing us an enormous favor by allowing us to stay at the hotel. The electrical outlets in the bathroom and at the vanity outside the bathroom didn't work consistently so we couldn't get ready in the bathroom or close to any mirror. In addition, the cord from the coffee maker wasn't long enough to reach the electrical outlet so if you wanted to make coffee you had to balance it on top of something so you could plug it in. The restaurant staff was rude and inattentive. When we told the front desk about our difficulty with the electrical outlets, they offered no apology and didn't seem the least bit concerned that we'd had a problem. We stayed at this property several years ago and loved it but I can't see us ever staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Never wrote a review before, but this stay really was not good. There is little insulation and you can hear everything in the courtyard, as well as the rooms adjacent to you. But, my problem really started at 10pm, when I was woken up by someone coming in to my room. Seems the hotel had just booked someone into the room they rented to me earlier. Then at 2am I was woken up by a GIANT (and I mean GIANT) moth, or something that looked like a moth, flying around the room. It went under the bed before I could kill it. I searched for a good 30 minutes before having to climb fully under the covers for a few fitfull hours of sleep before having to get up at 5am to go to the airport. I was hoping to have some empathy from the morning person working the front desk, but she was so disinterested and did not even bother to ask how my stay was that I really felt frustrated enough to write this review.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank meredith c
TheGrandAmerica, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Meredith,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay. I’m sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced during your stay with us. The person that entered your room was one of our bellman that was delivering luggage to a guest in the room near yours. Unfortunately he mixed up the room number, I do apologize for this inconvenience. The response you received from our Front Desk is unacceptable. Please know that I have shared your comments with my staff as it is important for them to know the impact that we had on your stay. If you have any further comments about your stay, you are welcome to email me directly. Thank you again for sharing the details of your stay. We use our guest comments as a valuable training tool and it is important for us to know when we fall short.

Ed Box