“Wow, great place to stay”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Green River, Wyoming
“Wow, great place to stay”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Never thought this hotel was going to be as great as it was. Can't say enough how great the service was and how friendly everyone was. Stayed in Tower king suite had great view, room was very clean. The breakfast buffet was way good along with the service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thanksforthestay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

right from the moment when you arrive you can feel the terrific atmosphere of the classic hotel. Comparable to the San Francisco Fairmont but much more friendly/homely. Excellent check-in and the lobby is so inviting,.. specially with the little coffee shop and the beautiful fireplace. I stayed in the tower in his usual had a large spacious room that was well appointed. The bathroom in dressing room are excellent and the only improvement I would like to see is a hand-held shower nozzle. motel room also has excellent curtains the dark in the room even on the brightest days. The flat screen TV with numerous channels is excellent and the free Wi-Fi yes much appreciated. the location is excellent and literally a few minutes from the freeway and therefore the airport is about 10 minutes away. The rail transit is free up to do stop kiddie corner from the hotel. I travel all the time throughout the world and I absolutely think this is one of the best hotels anyone can never stay at.. They even have coffee makers in the room ( this is new) in the underground parking is very accessible. Of course I need to mention the restaurant and copy shop which is absolutely classic. I have never had a bad meal and there is no shortage of quantity as well. My favorite is the Cobb salad which has to be the best in the world.

Room Tip: I would stay in the tower room and pay the extra or for a higher floor room or corner room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dad-jicase
Washingon
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our family has always stayed here when we visit Salt Lake City and have always found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and courteous. The lobby is beautiful and inviting but after our last stay I may rethink another visit. The bathroom was dirty and I woke with bug bites. I never expected this at what has always been a fine Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Catherine C
TheGrandAmerica, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and lobby area, and for your repeated visits to Little America Hotel. I apologize that you found yourself disappointed during your most recent stay. At your convenience, please contact me directly so I may further investigate what shortcomings you may have experienced.

Thank you again for your review. I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you and your family again to Little America Hotel.

Ed Box
Ebox@saltlake.littleamerica.com
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here for nearly a week as I was researching at the genealogical library. It's about 6 blocks from the library, so it's definitely not the closest, but I got a good price. I was in a ground-level garden room facing 600 South, and my room was very large. I had an excellent (and free) wireless internet connection. The bed was comfortable and the room had a mini-fridge in it. The bathroom was very large as well. The decor was in a victorian-esque pink, not pepto bismal pink, but still classy. All the furnishings were in great condition and I was very comfortable in the room. I ate dinner one night in the hotel cafe (there is also a separate steak house), and the food was good. I didn't eat breakfast here during this stay, but I've had their breakfast buffet before and it was utterly divine (more berries than you know what to do with). The pool is nice and the property also offers shopping options. I had to call the concierge one time for something and they were extremely helpful. There is not a hotel shuttle to the airport, and my taxi cost around $20. I was very pleased overall and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kelly b
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at Little America. We were in a deluxe king suite in the garden section. The main lobby of the hotel was beautiful with large crystal chandeliers, containers of fresh flowers throughout the first floor, and an enormous gas fireplace. As we opened the door to our suite, my husband and I both said "wow!". The rooms were furnished in fabrics in shades of green and yellow with accents of rosy red. The rooms were quite large for a hotel. I liked the sink and vanity with a stool for putting on makeup which was located outside the main bathroom. The closet contained a built-in safe. We had a small balcony with sliders that could be opened for fresh air. Beautiful spring flowers in shades of blue, yellow, and coral had been planted around the landscape. We ate twice in the coffee shop, which provided an extensive menu. On both occasions, the food was delicious and the service attentive. The hotel lobby is being remodeled beginning April 16. Some of the shops surrounding the lobby were closing out their merchandise at 70% off as they will be included in the renovation. The front desk personnel were cheerful and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We loved our deluxe king suite in the garden section. Room 8116.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rigby, Id
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was totally expecting a motel type experience. We were attending a conference and had the room arranged for us. We stayed home in the tower on the eighth floor. I stay in lots of hotels every year ...about 200 days on the road a year... so it takes a lot to get me to say WOW when I open a room door. This is the kind of place that turns the bed down for you....how did they know when I left the room????..chocolates on the pilllow with your fluffy robe ready on the bed. Nice....very nice....the only thing I think that could use improvement is how long it takes the hot water to get to the faucet. The hotwater tank must be far away...besides that I felt pampered at every turn!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank DoloresfromIdaho
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I feel a bit mean in only giving this property a 3 star review. The hotel was fine, the staff were friendly and efficient, the room was clean and comfortable. The location is also very good - around a 20 minute walk to Temple Square and the City Creek Center. However the style of the place really wasn't to my taste.

From the faux country lodge lobby to the fussy and frilly guest rooms (ours was in one of the motel style blocks in the garden) it was all a bit twee and old fashioned. If you like that kind of thing then you might well love this place. Otherwise I would suggest that you look elsewhere.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple