“Fancy, but could be updated a bit”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. The service was great and it looks really fancy so it is great for pictures. You can stay there and make it look like you stayed at a top notch hotel, even though you paid a little less. A good restaurant attached. It made our stay nice.

Next time I would like to try the Grand America across the street. That would be cool as it is the fancier version of this one.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,905)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently spent two nights here in a tower room. I was in Salt Lake City for business. Everything was fantastic. Check-in was as smooth as can be. The interior of the hotel is very warming. The room was great, with a large sitting area and adjacent large bathroom (with a great shower). The bed was extremely comfortable. The food was pretty good too (from room service to the steakhouse restaurant). A nearby shuttle is free that can take you downtown to more shops and restaurants (although the shops in the hotel are very nice). All of the staff were extremely courteous! When I come back to Salt Lake, I will definitely look to stay here again!

Room Tip: I stayed in a tower room which does have a nice view of the city and mountains.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for "Sewing Summit" to take care of my grandson while his mom and dad were attending the summit. This hotel is wonderful and we so enjoyed ourselves. They keyed our rooms the same so we could just zip across the little entry to our rooms and so was easy to go back and forth. The lobby was wonderful and fun to walk around and look at the different animal statues and visit the fireplace. For a little quieter spot there is also a fireplace on the 2nd floor. The landscaping was wonderful and just a 1/2 a block away is a train stop. We rode the free train every single day, which was a big deal for the 4 yo grandson. Less than 10 minutes to the new mall which also had much entertainment and a wonderful play area. The area feels very safe and I never felt uncomfortable walking around alone with the grandson. Hoping they decide to go again next year as I would love to visit this hotel again!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in a tower king room and was extremely impressed! The room was over 650 square feet with a large bathroom and external sink. I was pleasantly surprised by the turn-down service. The staff were all very friendly and the restaurants in the hotel superb. The complimentary internet was fast and the hotel is in an excellent location in the middle of downtown SLC. I was very impressed with the main floor ameneties, the lobby has a very warm homey atmosphere and it is surrounded by quaint shops, a fireplace, and coffee bar. I will definitely be staying here again and highly recommend the Little America for anyone traveling to SLC.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are the best, if you stay in the peripheral buildings you will have to go outside to get...
2  Thank macphoenix709
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed in one of the outside entry rooms and was disappointed when I first saw where I was. After entering the room, it was very clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable and linens were nice. Bathroom was small and clean.

Internet is important to me as I work from my computer. Not only is the internet free, but it is lightning fast and allowed for smooth access to my VPN. Hotel is also within walking distance to much of what SLC has to offer.

Next time I am in town, I will look to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bsnyder
Reviewed October 15, 2012

An amazing hotel and hardly 'little'. We stayed in the tower and had a corner suite, the room was huge and had a great view of downtown. The service was spectacular - the concierge and front desk folk were lovely and the bell guys are so very friendly and accommodating. This hotel has every type of dining establishment you could want - cafe, steak house, bar etc and is in a great location - walking distance to the new shopping mall or 2 trax stops. I really enjoyed our stay here. While the 'Grand America' is quite opulent the 'little' brother certainly holds up on its own as well.

Room Tip: The tower offers the best rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank belkaye
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Directly across the street from Grand America; where's we stayed on day 1; we decided to stay at Little America on the last day of our trip. What a great decision. We were originally staying in the garden area but were offered an upgrade to the tower. When we got to our room we were shocked by the size (a mini suite) and the room appointments. The pool area was terrific and the food in the cafe was, for a couple of people from NY, really good, home style cooking. And all of this at an amazingly low cost. We'd go out of our way to stay here again!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple