“Very nice to be "the little" America”

Little America Hotel
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed in the tower 2 queens beds room of this hotel on the night of a school fundraiser event.
The room was surprisingly large. It was very clean and the bath room has a nice separated area with closet. The food served during the fundraiser event probably was not the high end, but it was tasteful. The service was great.

They have two dinning places. We got a quick to go meal for the kids and it was fair for the price. One thing that my husband noticed was that the tip was already included on the total printed in the credit card receipt. It is something that bothers me when restaurants charge on "to go" meals.

The carpets may need a better care, but overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: I noticed that some rooms have an extra door between the room and the hallway. It may give you extra...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 16, 2012

If you are planning on going to Utah to ski, you might want to check out a package deal with airfare, hotel, shuttle to either Alta or Park City for a carefree fun trip! I know, because I grew up there. I have suggested this to many California skiers and they were thrilled! If you want to rent your own car and drive to Park City, then you will have another array of the best lodges in the country. If you want to eat, reasonably, at Little America, visit their Hotel Cafe just off the front entrance. Great food at great prices; a locals favorite. This city is so easy to get around to places of interest, by TRAX or bus. Believe it or not, our #1 attraction is the fabulous Library, which is a step off the Eastbound TRAX at first South. Visit the Mormon Temple grounds; enjoy the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practicing, the Visitors center and don't miss the new Conference Center just North of the Temple Grounds. The amazing Geneology Records building is just West of the grounds; experts are eager to help you. Since the 2002 Winter Olympics, I saw my hometown turn into a Metropolitan City which includes a Sportsman's Paradise. You can have it all. So.......dress warm and have fun!

Room Tip: Check in as a couple and sneak your family in. The rooms are enormous! High floors give you a view...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stay here often. It is a friendly place. The food is great, the price is great and Little America makes the average person feel special. We love Little America in Salt Lake!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at Little America for 3 nights on our way to the ski fields, staying in a spacious Tower room overlooking the city. The hotel is warm, hospitable and cozy and is located right next to the free tram into the city. We loved the breakfasts- waffles, oats, berries etc; The concierge gave us helpful advice for shopping and eating- FashionWay was worth the effort (20 min tram+10 min walk) and Desert Edge pub at Trolley Saquare had great food and beer. For those who crave good coffee there are 2 coffee roasters down the road from the hotel. We would definitely stay at Little A again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Excellent hotel in very convenient location, both to the highway and to downtown attractions. For significantly less money than the Grand America across the street, you get similar quality and identical location. Meticulously maintained, very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms are Garden or Tower, Tower rooms are in the main hotel but for significantly less money the Ga...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The rooms are fine, and could probably use some updating. We stay every time we come to SLC to ski because it is within walking distance to some good food, and easy access to the freeway to go ski.

It has a very nice indoor/outdoor pool on the second floor, along with a hot tub, spa and gym. It is a great way to wind down after a day of skiing.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Booked a 2 night "Getaway a Package" in a Superior Tower King room. The package included a $60 dining credit and a bag of goodies. It was to be a relaxing, romantic weekend getaway. I arrived to check in myself ahead of time.

The first room I was assigned was a completely different floor plan than the website listed. I called the front desk and asked how much it would be to upgrade to a higher floor with a balcony and a larger floor plan. The gentleman told me that it would be no charge because I had booked the Getaway Package. I was very pleased and he quickly sent a very nice bellhop up who escorted me to a room on the the top floor. Still it was not the room with the balcony I had been told I would get. So I again called downstairs to speak with the same person, but was put on hold for 6 minutes. I hung up and called back finally reaching a different gentleman. I explained the situation and he assigned me to the room 1628 which had the layout I had been promised, but the decor is absolutely hideous. I found out later while looking in rooms as I walked down the hall that there are more updated rooms than the one I had been given.

Pros: breakfast buffet was above average, every staff member I encountered was delightful, heated indoor/outdoor pool, great location, oversized bathtub, iPod dock, free wifi.

Cons: very, very, stiff bed; 5-6 dead flies below the window; stuffy; very outdated furniture and decor (felt like I was staying at Grandma's house, which is incredibly unromantic)

Bottom line, I'm sure it would be good for a business trip. But if you are looking for somewhere to stay with friends, family, or significant other, I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple