“Very good!”
Review of Salt Lake City KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City KOA
Reviewed August 28, 2013

On our way to Moab, UT, stopped here for one night. Excellent RV slabs and park, about half full, cable tv and all hook-ups on a pull-through spot. Excellent pool and hot tub, walking distance to train to Temple Square downtown. Very nice Landry, store on premises, close to airport so some noise depending on landing pattern.

Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Salt Lake City KOA

Reviewed July 29, 2013

On the road from California to Colorado. We have a RV van that we used to primarily sleep in. Wife made rsvp on-line. Paid $28, $31 including tax. Typical ballpark price. We parked in a tent space that had water and electricity. We used the power, not the water. Space was clean, not spotless, but we're camping for a night. Bathroom was a short walk away with free showers. The restrooms were much cleaner than the Leatherby's ice cream restaurant we ate at. We didn't use the pool, hot tub, convenience store, the movie nite activity. What I did appreciate was a simple gesture when checking in, I was asked if I belonged to AAA, which I do and they credited me $3.50 back on my credit card. Check-in is very well organized from where you stage your rv to the number of counter help to check you in. There is a train stop nearby to shuttle you around the city. A McDonalds down the street for a quick late night treat or an early morning bite on the run. I heard a train horn, but never heard any trains at all. No sirens or other typical city noise, but just a couple of kids still playing at 11pm nearby, but they went to bed and no noise after that, or so it seemed. I would gladly recommend this KOA!

Room Tip: I think we were in T-117. The tent sites are along a perimeter fence with bushes on either side. May...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank garyd210
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I took my 2 kids here and we LOVED it!

The pool is a nice way to cool off after a hot day, or during the hot day :-)
The bathrooms are very clean, the showers were hot and I was really pleased that there was an area with a big sink for doing dishes in the group area. There are ample laundry machines and wireless access throughout the camp. They also have a water aerobics class, movie night on Fridays and s'mores night on Monday (which we will miss, sadly). They also do a pancake breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings that was well priced and very good. In addition there is a free shuttle tour to downtown on the half hours.

This is a great base camp for visiting the Salt Lake area. I have stayed at other KOAs that were not nearly as nice as this one. I'm really happy we stayed here!

Room Tip: There are cabins here too. Next time I will try one of those.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Yes, this KOA is not in the best part of town, but it never bothered us at the least. Everything seemed safe and secure, clean and friendly.
Our site was well maintained, all services worked fine, check in was quick and easy. The showers and facilities were above average, but not excellent.
While it is nothing outstanding, it is a good camp ground in a good location and I would recommend this KOA to anyone who's travelling to Slat Lake City.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Friendly helpful staff, .the park is clean with clean facilities and RV sites, even the tent sites looked great. Grassy sites with nice trees and close to stores and shopping. They have a well stocked store with necessaries.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug-n-Barbara
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This KOA would be the biggest by far we have stayed in to date. Very friendly staff at book in and helpful when needed with Internet issues. Every bay, whether for RV, Winnebago Truck or tent has shade trees. Several cabins are also available. Toilets are secure as is the pool. Right out the front in North Temple Ave is a light rail track system that will have you in the city in 12 minutes or will take you to the Airport as well. A car wash and large Laundromat on site. They have just upgraded their internet for easier access.
The hot tub was wonderful, but the pool was a little dirty.
Tent sites have a privacy bush between then.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Allan C
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I liked this KOA. I am not normally to impressed with KOAs, and I have stayed at a million. This is defiantly one of the best. It is close to the middle of the city, and the staff is amazing. I stayed at this KOA during a road trip that my boyfriend and I were taking across country. I love that it has showers and laundry facilities because we need them!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple