“Not what you'd expect from a Courtyard” 3 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not what you'd expect from a Courtyard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel, and was somewhat disappointed. The location was convenient to the freeway and the airport. The power lines buzzing overhead in the parking lot were a bit concerning, however. The service at the hotel was that of a typical Marriott, very professional and friendly. The hotel itself is clean but in need of a renovation (especially in the bathroom). Overall the hotel was average but considering the price you pay it was disappointing.

Room Tip: I would say try to get a room in the back of the hotel (away from the parking lot). This is away fr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_CYSLC, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for choosing our Courtyard! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. Further, thank you for mentioning our friendly service and clean hotel. You also noted the hotel is in need of a renovation. We are excited to report back that we are scheduled for a full renovation starting in November. I hope you have an opportunity to visit us early in 2013. We look forward to serving you again with our refresh!

Best,
Lauren Wenger
Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Parker, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel exterior looked nice enough. I checked into my room and I noticed the connecting door's lock was broken. It would not lock. I called the front desk and they sent someone right away. I was offered another room so without thinking, I accepted. The hotel is already right off the freeway exit but this room faced the freeway and it seemed like it was only 20 feet away. I never have trouble sleeping during my travels but this room was different. It kept me up all night and I had to wear my noise canceling headphones and that still did not work so I had to play musing through the headphones to sleep. The room itself seemed old and needs updating.

Otherwise the staff was friendly and parking was adequate.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry you were not able to get a good nights sleep. We try to be sensitive to all of our guest needs and work with them to help them enjoy their stay. We look forward to your return to Salt Lake City and if you contact us directly we will insure you get a quieter room.

We are in the planning process for a total renovation to begin in November. The Hotel will be all new and updated by the first week in January.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

this is one of the best places to stay in Salt lake city.. all personel is amazing... i love it...

Room Tip: every room is great... just don't get hanycap..
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_CYSLC, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, we strive to make your stay the most comfortable while you are away from home. We look forward to seeing you once again in Salt Lake City.
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I got stuck overnight in Salt Lake. Delta put me up at the hotel. The staff was exceeding friendly and welcoming. That was much appreciated after a "bad Delta day." The hotel was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was great. If I end up overnighting in Salt Lake City again, I will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_CYSLC, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for the great review, we strive to be the best!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Unbelievable service - great tasting food in the restaurant

What a great experience

I stay in hotels 200+ nights a year and this is my favorite

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Bujalino
GM_CYSLC, Director of Sales at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for the kind review! Excellent guest service is our goal, we are very fortunate to have a dynamic team here at the Courtyard. We look forward to your return to Salt Lake!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I cannot remember a hotel with a more attentive, friendlier staff. Everybody we encountered went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable, They understood our needs (quick breakfast, late checkout, late night snack) and catered to our needs beyond our expectations. No, it's not a five star hotel, but every 5 star hotel would be fortunate to have such dedicated employees on their payroll.
Needless to say....I would stay there again in a heartbeat

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BigCityCowboy
We here at the Courtyard are focused on making evey guests experience memorable, confortable and worry free! Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again!
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

For me, a 3 star rating means a place I could go back to with no regrets, but nothing special. That describes this hotel perfectly.

I guess I could find fault that my request for a low-floor room put me on the top floor, or that the check-in desk clerk didn't acknowledge my Silver status in the frequent stayer program, but basically this was an average stay in an average hotel. I needed a place to crash while driving to the West coast, and Courtyard offered the best value for the money and best close-to-the-freeway location. I got exactly what I paid for and am satisfied.

The location is West of SLC airport, adjacent to I-80, in an industrial park. That means there are no options for finding nearby food and drink if the lobby restaurant is closed. I didn't try the hotel's food offerings because they had already closed up when I arrived at 10pm, and hadn't re-opened when I left at 6:30 the next morning.

The room was Courtyard's standard model, with a comfortable bed, extra feather pillows (requested in my reservation) and that vague deja-vu feeling you get when the room is identical to many others you've stayed in before.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo