first they tell you its spanish for "welcome" (or somethig close to it, then "greetings", then "dont worry about it" in regards to your toothbrush and floss and such if you run out they will provide. Yet on a rather unfortunate note, they cant provide recovery of items accidentally left/or quality efficiant customer relations at that. Its to bad, it put a damper on what was a exeptional stay at this gem of a hotel. ...
I booked this one last minute, advertised on the website at 80 a night, when I got there they kind young woman told me it was actually 90, but she lowered it to 80 for me, so kudos for her=)
True, the door entrances were at a diagonal (for rooms and bathrooms) but I found this rather nice and differant. Personally I get tired of cookie cutter. It made it feel as if it was more a apartment rather then a unit with a bed. The room was clean and well prepared.
It is also true, this hotel is kinda in the middle of nowhere, yer very close to the airport, and very close to the city, without being in the city itself. This is probably the only exception, where I would be ok with this, as if you have never been in Salt Lake, you dont know what you are missing. This city, IS the middle of nowhere; does anyone live here? Where do the people come from, and why is it so quiet. You might feel like you are missing out at the La Quinta, but just go another exit down the parkway to "downtown" and nothing has changed. You know that feeling, the sunday walk to church mode; Thats salt lake. By all means take advantage of the price and stay here. Besides, the breakfast is very gracious for typical continental motel fare. Gotta love those waffles and oatmeal. The lobby makes a nice social scene, as its open, and during breakfast hours there are plenty of tables to give it a restaurant like feel. (bet you didnt even notice the gazebo and garden, unless you found the back lobby door or went to the pool, its hidden)
Speaking of, I was able to use the pool and hot tub as they easily gave me a late checkout on request. pool/hottub= wonderfull
How such accomodating people turned the other way, im not sure. Granted, yes, leaving my cell charger in the room is my fault, though, I called the hotel an hour after checkout at the airport upon realising i did not pack it, and the guy at the front desk (who dropped me off at th eairport on the shuttle) told me he would send it back. 2 weeks later, I called to see if they sent it and someone else told me nothing was ever filed, and its an issue for room housekeeping. Upon a week or phone tag I got through to the manager who said they do returns on a once a month basis, and IF they find it, they will send. I gave up and bought another one (hey, ya learn the first time lol)
Other then poor communication and relations, this hotel is a good pick, its good value and friendly accomodating atmospheare are true to its word, "la quinta" which, upon my flight being delayed hours on end, i had enough time at the airport bookstore to look it up on websters, really is a term for a small spanish house/dwelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City International Airport is a 100% Non Smoking Hotel and Renovation completed in June, 2012. We are located on the west side of Salt Lake City Int'l Airport and just 8 miles west of downtown Salt Lake City. Local attractions all under 15 minutes away include Spring Mobile Ballpark, The Maverick Center, Temple Square, Energy Solutions Arena, City Creek Mall, Gateway Mall and Valley Fair Mall is only six miles away with many new restaurants and two large movie theaters. Also nearby is Miller Motorsports Park and the Olympic Skating Oval as well as USANA Ampitheater. Local Companies include DHL, Expedex, Platt Electric Supply, Cummins, RC Willey, Federal Express, Hunter Douglas, FBI and many more all in close driving or shuttle distance. No matter what time of the year you visit please enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi, fitness room, or a jog through the International Business Center. We have large green areas to walk your dogs as well. Our HDTV includes 32 channels with free to guest movies and interactive plug and play on our 32" televisions. If you are flying in and don't have a car we are here for you with our complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Also offered to our hotel guests is our Stay & Go Parking Package with seasonal rates to leave your car while you fly out after your stay with us. Parking is of course free while you stay in the hotel. We look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Salt Lake City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Salt Lake City Airport
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- La Quinta Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Utah