“okay hotel, convient location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I picked this hotel because my dog could stay without any additional fees. The hotel is in a great location near downtown Salt Lake and the airport. Our king room was smaller than most king rooms I have stayed in, but it was adequate. Our room was near the pool/exit on the first floor so there was a lot of hallway traffic early in the morning which woke us up. I would recommend requesting a room on an upper floor.

Room Tip: get a room away from the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport

A TripAdvisor Member
Orem
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was a nice hotel. I got sleep and enjoyed my time without the hastle of worrying about other things. There were no problems and we enjoyed the hotel. Breakfast was good and the people at the desk were nice and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped here driving thru from CA to CO. This is the nicest La Quinta we've ever stayed at. Rooms are new, modern and clean. The layout is nice as the bed is set back from the door. It was extremely quite considering the airport location. We were traveling with our dogs, so the set back from the door was an extra bonus as they didn't notice any kids zooming up the halls. Breakfast was not much, but I would stay her again in a second. This was nicer than then last few Hyatts and Westins we stayed in.

Room Tip: First floor are best is traveling with pets
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Hotel is a recently renovated hotel so the rooms are still very nice. We stayed for a week and got an extremely good rate. The complimentary breakfast was not very good, two types of cold cereal and no skim milk, if you like waffles it would have been good. There was only one restaurant near the hotel and it was only open for dinner. The swimming pool was larger than most covered hotel pool because it was next to the building but covered by glass walls and ceiling. The hotel catered to people with pets and there were several dogs and even some parrots, but they did not bother us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Really nice, clean room. Pleasant staff, good breakfast, nice and close to the airport. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. It's always nice to have an in-room fridge, especially if you want to have cold beverages to take with you in the car the next day! This was our last stop after 10 days in Yellowstone - close to the airport for our friends who were flying out the next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
A La Quinta traveler
Leicester, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed July 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's really too bad that I had an awful night's sleep here because almost everything else was really good. We didn't make reservations and just showed up because we decided Salt Lake City was a good stopping point on our road trip. The staff was very friendly and the service was quick and efficient. The room was large and clean. It was definitely a great room for the price. I've stayed in some pretty terrible places for similar prices. A big problem we had was that I think the hotel had disabled the buttons on the fan/air conditioning so you can't keep it constantly going. I have anxiety and insomnia so I need loud, white noise to calm me and drown out any other sound when I'm in foreign places. I wasn't able to have that. The fan went off once every hour and a half. I know this because I was up most of the night because the other guests were very loud. Sadly this is a deal breaker for me. It's unfortunate because I really did like everything else about the place. The people above us were jumping all over the place. I assume they had children or something. The person next to us had his TV up really loud, but the hotel staff quickly called him once we complained and asked him to turn it down.

Also the breakfast wasn't very impressive. I have a gluten intolerance and everything they had, with the exception of oranges and apples, had gluten in it. So I wasn't able to take advantage of the few options they did offer. Even without this allergy, you'll only be getting muffins and cereal.

I would recommend this hotel if you're okay with a fan that goes off once in a blue moon and few options for breakfast. But really, it feels safe and the rooms are clean which is my main priority for any hotel I stay at.

Room Tip: If you really want it to be quiet, get a room on the top floor. I think it's the third floor. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple