“Great value, but out of the way”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 8, 2008

typical of La Quinta hotels, this is a relatively new hotel with spacious if plainly furnished rooms at a very attractive rate. Very clean and modern facility with an excellent indoor pool and hot tub area. Only downside is the location, in a business/industrial park one exit from SLC airport. There are no restaurants in the area, which means driving to downtown SLC (about 10 minutes) to eat. However, it is a great place if you want to be near the airport. I met my son there (he flew in from a different city) and we skied at Alta (about 40 minutes away) over a weekend before an early Monday morning flight home.

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank rmgmaryland

Reviewed January 21, 2008

It was definitely a good place to stay for the night, as the rooms were big and the price was good, but the room could have been cleaned a little better. Overall, it wasn't too bad, and it was fine for the night. Nothing great, but nothing too bad either. Just OK.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fcbmike
Reviewed January 12, 2008

We needed somewhere inexpensive to stay in the Salt Lake City area as we made our way between Grand Teton and Great Basin National Parks. As we didn't want to get caught up with finding somewhere right in the city we opted for this hotel near to the airport. It was quite easy to find being just a short distance from the freeway. Our room was quite large with 2 double beds. There was a coffee maker in the large bathroom and an iron and ironing board in the closet. The room was clean and comfortable although there was a faint damp smell. Noise from the freeway and airport could be heard but did seem to reduce overnight so that we weren't disturbed to any great extent. The complimentary breakfast was good with a hot selection, waffles, fruit, cereals and pastries. The large light lobby was a pleasant area in which to sit and eat it. The only real downside is the lack of places to eat in the immediate vicinity. We ended up going to the deli at the back of a neighbouring office block and getting take-away burgers which were actually very good.

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank akhmc
Reviewed October 25, 2007

The hotel staff were exceptional, very helpful and friendly. The complimentary continental breakfast was one of the best I ever had! There were many items to choose from and well stocked.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank dadell
Reviewed September 30, 2007

arrived mid afternoon and also had to ring "the bell" to get
a person to check us in. Since I have highest reward status
I was given upgrade to a deluxe suite at no additional charge.
The suite (230) was in the southwest corner. Room itself was
very clean and not as worn as the normal rooms.Good cross ventilation from the two windows in each room opened.a large TV in each room.internet was limited to plug in only at the desk.
the cons:
the freeway noise was constant day/night.Airport noise was just
until 10-11pm. Freight train could be heard as well. Staff never left me a newspaper outside my door.
which was normal for every other guest.
hottub was ice cold as was the pool.

Some other guest left a cell phone charger in my room.It was still plugged in and the maid probably though it was part of the
desk wiring.
Toilet was very noisy flushing and we could here the elevator moving which was directly behind the king room wall.

Stayed 2 nights probably would return even with all the little
annoyances.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canadalady
Reviewed September 19, 2007

This is a nice hotel. It's not in the centre of town, but it's very easy to drive into the centre of SLC. There are also plenty of restaurants, and stores just down the freeway (within 10 minutes drive).

The staff are great - really friendly. They even organised pizza for me when I turned up at 3am, after a major flight delay!

I stayed there twice - once in a regular room and the second in the executive/deluxe room. I'd definitely opt for the latter. The internet is more reliable, tv reception is better, and there are more "in room" facilities.

I thought this was great value, and if I'm ever back in SLC, I'll stay there.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Tendons
Reviewed September 12, 2007

first they tell you its spanish for "welcome" (or somethig close to it, then "greetings", then "dont worry about it" in regards to your toothbrush and floss and such if you run out they will provide. Yet on a rather unfortunate note, they cant provide recovery of items accidentally left/or quality efficiant customer relations at that. Its to bad, it put a damper on what was a exeptional stay at this gem of a hotel. ...
I booked this one last minute, advertised on the website at 80 a night, when I got there they kind young woman told me it was actually 90, but she lowered it to 80 for me, so kudos for her=)
True, the door entrances were at a diagonal (for rooms and bathrooms) but I found this rather nice and differant. Personally I get tired of cookie cutter. It made it feel as if it was more a apartment rather then a unit with a bed. The room was clean and well prepared.
It is also true, this hotel is kinda in the middle of nowhere, yer very close to the airport, and very close to the city, without being in the city itself. This is probably the only exception, where I would be ok with this, as if you have never been in Salt Lake, you dont know what you are missing. This city, IS the middle of nowhere; does anyone live here? Where do the people come from, and why is it so quiet. You might feel like you are missing out at the La Quinta, but just go another exit down the parkway to "downtown" and nothing has changed. You know that feeling, the sunday walk to church mode; Thats salt lake. By all means take advantage of the price and stay here. Besides, the breakfast is very gracious for typical continental motel fare. Gotta love those waffles and oatmeal. The lobby makes a nice social scene, as its open, and during breakfast hours there are plenty of tables to give it a restaurant like feel. (bet you didnt even notice the gazebo and garden, unless you found the back lobby door or went to the pool, its hidden)
Speaking of, I was able to use the pool and hot tub as they easily gave me a late checkout on request. pool/hottub= wonderfull
How such accomodating people turned the other way, im not sure. Granted, yes, leaving my cell charger in the room is my fault, though, I called the hotel an hour after checkout at the airport upon realising i did not pack it, and the guy at the front desk (who dropped me off at th eairport on the shuttle) told me he would send it back. 2 weeks later, I called to see if they sent it and someone else told me nothing was ever filed, and its an issue for room housekeeping. Upon a week or phone tag I got through to the manager who said they do returns on a once a month basis, and IF they find it, they will send. I gave up and bought another one (hey, ya learn the first time lol)
Other then poor communication and relations, this hotel is a good pick, its good value and friendly accomodating atmospheare are true to its word, "la quinta" which, upon my flight being delayed hours on end, i had enough time at the airport bookstore to look it up on websters, really is a term for a small spanish house/dwelling.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business