All reviews two bedroom suite front desk social hour bagels free shuttle housekeeping staff spacious rooms comfortable stay ski trip salt lake inns slc downtown interstate television rates
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

Scott was absolutely lovely during our managers reception. He was so kind and attentive the entire evening. Thank you Scott for making our experience amazing!

All of the staff treated us like we were family. This is a hotel that makes you feel welcomed and appreciated.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
MarkE3509, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Thanks Carla!

We appreciate your feedback and will most certainly share this with Scott. We look forward to seeing you next time :)

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I have not stayed at the Residence Inn for a few years; mainly due availability and travel requirements. On this most recent trip, I decided to try again and I’m thrilled to say it is better than I remembered it. Professional, friendly, and helpful staff has made this stay memerable.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
MarkE3509, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Hello,

We are so happy that you came back to visit after years of staying with us. We appreciate you coming to see us and even more so writing this fabulous review to share with our media. We hope that we will see you again sooner next time.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

My family of 5 stayed here and will never ever stay at this location again. When we first went in to check in the guy at the front desk didn't even greet me. He just asked for my ID and credit card. I gave it to him thinking maybe he just had a long day, which I would totally understandable. But as soon as he was done checking me in and handed me my room keys, a women that was waiting behind me is ready to check in and his whole attitude changes, he's asking her how her day is and is welcoming her to their hotel so politely. That got me thinking if I could be a racially profiled.

We got into our room, and it smelled like dirty socks and cigarettes! So disgusting! I went back to the front desk to see if they had any other rooms available that didn't smell as bad as the one I just came out of. And "of course" they didn't have any other rooms available. So we kept the same room but I went to the nearest store and had to buy an air freshener because it was that bad, and much needed.

My son who is only 8 months started crying around 12am, which is nothing I could control, because he's just a baby! Not even 5 minutes to him waking up the front desk is calling my room and telling me there is a noise complaint, which to I apologize because I know he was crying but it couldn't have been that long to where they had to call.

The next morning we are eating breakfast and the entire time we are eating our breakfast there are 2 women staring at me and my family. So we are done and go back to our room the phone rings and its the woman at the front desk saying there have been complaints all night til 3am! That is when I lost my patience for how we have been treated since we checked in. I talked to the "general "manager" and she said people have been "complaining" ALL hours of the night, and that we were PARTYING til 3 in the morning! I will never come to Utah ever again because of this! This is ridiculous!

Room tip: Rooms smell bad
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MarkE3509, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Hello,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the poor experience that you had while staying with us. Our team works very hard to ensure a comfortable and homely visit for all of our guest but unfortunately with yours, it seems we missed our mark. We hope that you can forgive us and find it in your heart to give us another chance if you are ever back in the area. We value you as a guest and we appreciate your feedback which allows us to grow.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

We spent a night at the Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport enroute to a ski trip in Park City. The hotel appears to be ~ 20 years old and is in need of a major update. While the room was relatively clean, there is an accumulation of wear. The rooms were functional, but dated. The staff were kind and responsive to our minimal needs. The breakfast buffet was subpar. The scrambled eggs were barely edible. The bagel was reasonably good. The breakfast room also needs updating. Our room was on the side of the hotel adjacent to a 4 lane highway - noisy. We would probably not stay again - the hotel is too tired.

Room tip: Avoid rooms on the side adjacent to the 4 lane highway!
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MarkE3509, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Hi Beagle1946,

Thank you so much for leaving us with your valued feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and sharing that with our media. We will address these matters that we can fix with our team to make sure that our guests do not find themselves having the same poor experience. Please contact us directly if you wish to address these issues further.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

A snowstorm at home is all it takes to get stuck in Salt Lake City overnight. Fortunately the Residence Inn, as well as other similar products, is near the airport.

It includes a free and prompt shuttle, which will also take you to the Traxs light rail system if you want to do some exploring, The free hot breakfast, and the evening happy hours.

However, this is an older property, with only one slow elevator. In addition there were a number of maintenance issues in my suite, which otherwise was quite charming and well appointed. I reported the various issues to the front desk and I'm quite certain they were taken care of promptly. All the staff that I met during my brief stay was wonderful.

I love the Residence Inn brand, and would typically give it a five-star, but for the maintenance issues. I would also add that it is kind of in the middle of nowhere. The little store's selection was very limited. There are a number of nearby hotels with restaurants and one independent restaurant nearby, but if you want to go to do much of anything else you need either a car or that hotel shuttle.

Room tip: Get room not facing interstate.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
MarkE3509, Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for leaving our media with your valued feedback. Our team works hard to ensure a comfortable and pleasant visit by all guest and we are so happy to hear that you felt that. Please come see us again if you are back in the area.