Called from the airport, and Joann was helpful and professional; partly why I chose this hotel. Needed an 8-hour day stay (no place at the SLC airport for an 8-hour layover, and my health required a rest).
The horrid chemical smell assaulting guests upon entering is on purpose! A smell machine with fan on high was foul and worrisome: what are they trying to hide? Can't imagine that a floral public bathroom sent with overtones of Raid insecticide is in any way comforting to guests, or the staff.
Another staff member, seemingly management, was less than civil to Joann, and never spoke more than a curt word to me. I asked for the shuttle schedule to return to the airport and the curt staff member said, "Eight or eight thirty." When Joann reconfirmed to her it was tonight, not tomorrow morning, she was rather rude and abrupt in contesting Joann, in front of me. A simple, "Great, thanks for double checking," would have been more useful than, "It doesn't matter, only eight or eight-thirty." It matters to me that I get back to the airport on time. It was uncomfortable for me to hear a manager speak gruffly to an employee who was charming, on the ball and helpful with my needs.
The room, while adequate gets negative points for the thick dust on the AC coils, so thick I opted to not use it even though I wish I could. Blowing dust around the room is not okay for me, though on the plus side, the room smelled pleasantly neutral. Also the TV was an older CRT model with an electrical hum that made turning it off the only viable option. The bed was too soft, as if the box springs were going. Sitting up against the headboard to read was uncomfortable as the mattress dropped a good 6-8 inches and my legs then stuck up at an uncomfortable angle.
Hey, it was $61 or so with tax, but polite conversation from management to staff, and turning off the make-it-smell-like-a-toxic-chemical-dump assaulting the guests during check in would go a long way to improving my rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport is located in the International Center, five minutes west of the Salt Lake International Airport. Proximity to the airport makes this hotel a natural choice for Drive, Park & Fly packages among guests from Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, and Utah. Call the property direct to inquire about Drive-Park-Fly Packages.At the Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport, you can enjoy a well-deserved stop in a quiet location, away from the bustling Salt Lake Downtown. Overflow from Salt Lake City and neighboring cities is not uncommon during Spring and Summer, so book early. The Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport hotel features a choice of 75 rooms with Iron/Ironing Board, Hair dryer, and in-room coffee makers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Super Eight Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Super Eight
- Salt Lake City Super 8
- Super 8 Airport
- Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport Utah