“We stayed overnight here last night. What...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Idaho
“We stayed overnight here last night. What...”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed overnight here last night. What a great choice! It's so refreshing to be warmly greeted by EVERYONE who works in the hotel. We truly felt that we were being welcomed "home" after an 11 hour flight from Paris!
Our room was beautiful and clean. Hampton is known for their extremely comfortable beds and pillows - and this Hampton Inn did not disappoint.
The free breakfast was fantastic, and the breakfast area was kept
extremely clean by hardworking helpers. There is a free airport
shuttle to and from the airport and
hotel, which was so convenient.
I highly recommend this hotel and commend the people who make it such an inviting place to stay.

IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Oh my, Paris! I hope your trip was wonderful and that you enjoyed every minute spent there! I want to thank you for taking the time to recognize our hotel, and share such great things. Especially after a breathtaking trip out of the country. I am so happy to hear you were welcomed with open arms by our staff here! Please come back to visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pendleton, Indiana
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Had a corner room with a king bed and jacuzzi tub. We were staying one night before leaving for Yellowstone. The price was unbelievable for the quality. The bed was so comfortable and the desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. We tried to make a reservation for our last day of vacation and were so disappointed that they were already booked solid.
The room was so clean and spacious. What a great way to begin a 2-week vacation! My daughter had a studio apartment that was smaller than our room.
The breakfast room was very clean and well stocked. A lot of people were there, but it went very smoothly. We had a line at the waffle makers and had some very pleasant conversations with fellow travelers. The wait wasn't long at all.
We did hear the people upstairs, but not so loud that it was a problem. The hallways were very quiet. The corner rooms are at the end, so there are no people walking by your door. The internet was free and so was parking.
The airport was so convenient, but it was such a quiet area you would never know it. Perkins, Subway and a gas station are right around the corner and it is very fast to get on the interstate and head any place you want to go.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
You, our guest, have been wonderful in every way! I am so thankful that you have taken the time to tell others about the experience you had here. There are times the concern of being at an aiport location can be noisy and loud, and I am proud to say in the past five years we have not yet had a noise complaint due to the airport. I love the fact that you were able to mingle during your brief wait at the waffle station. I know your wait was rewarded witha hot & fresh tasty waffle. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope you stay with us again soon!
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Spent one night here with my wife last month on a leisure trip.

It's located near some other like-hotel properties. Not many restaurant options nearby, but we grabbed a sandwich to go at Perkins.

Checked in at 9pm and received our third floor upgraded king suite within minutes.

Very large room (actually two rooms) with king bed, very large Jack-and-Jill bathroom and closet, and sitting room with sofa bed, coffee table, side chair, and desk and chair. Also offered wet bar, microwave, fridge and cup-at-a-time coffee maker.

Room was very clean, very quiet (even though it's near the airport), and bed was comfy.

Only complaint for this room is there's no window in the bedroom (due to hotel layout) so if you don't set an alarm and want to wake up with the sun you might have a problem!

Pool is outdoors.

Breakfast in the morning was good-typical Hampton offerings of waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee/tea, juices, and plenty to get a good start to the day.

Would stay here again, but eat before you get to the hotel if you're looking for a unique restaurant experience due to its location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
I love the fact that your review is so incredibly detailed and fun! Thank you for your attention and your effort in providing such a great review! I am particularly grateful that you mentioned that although we are an airport location, it is still quiet. It puts a smile on my face to know that you as our guest had a quiet, relaxing stay! Please come again soon.....We love having you here!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We were so very pleased when we stepped into the lobby of the hotel. The staff was excellent and very hospitable. The maintenence people were very friendly and professional. The room was beautifully appointed and clean.

Our short stay was delightful and would definitely recommend everyone who has a stay over in Salt Lake to consider.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your delightful experience here with us. We pride ourselves in treating our guests like family, and you have become part of ours! Please come back to stay with us again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My Husband and I, along with another couple stayed here on a recent trip to Capitol Reef NP, and Arches NP. We stayed one night upon our arrival in SLC, and two nights upon our return from the parks. The hotel was very convenient, clean and the staff made our stay there exceptional. A very pleasant surprise was the in-house restaurant. I only wish it had been opened on the weekend (only opened M-T). The food was excellent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
We loved having you here as our guest! Thank you for the wonderful review and sharing about our yummy restaurant. I hope you find yourselves back here again on your next vacation, we love to have you back!
Intervale, NH
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Booked this hotel for our last night in Utah and wanted to be near airport. As others have mentioned this is primarily a business hotel which is very busy during the week and almost empty on weekends. It is in an office park area but near airport. There is a restaurant and bar Mo - Th evenings. We paid $62 and got upgraded to a jr. suite with stylish furniture, comfortable king bed, couch, chaise lounge, wet bar, flat screen TV and jacuzzi tub. The outdoor pool is seasonal but hot tub open. Exercise room small but top notch equipment. Nice business center where I printed off our boarding passes. Breakfast area well set up and food quality good and ample choices. The soda machine had cans of Coke products for $1! Only complaint and I run into this practically everywhere I stay, IDIOTS who can't close their room door quietly. I wonder if they just walk through doors at home and let them SLAM they way they do in hotels. When your room vibrates from the door slamming next door or the room below that's really bad. People need to show more courtesy towards other guests.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
I really enjoyed reading your review. I appreciate you sharing your experience, and providing others with honest opinions. Sometimes I sneak up to the soda machines myself, love the price! I'm sorry to you and all of us that have the experience of the door slamming. I know I try to also be considerate of those rooms around me, and I hope all those that read this will as well. Thank you again, and we'd love to have you back!
Forestville, Maryland, USA
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Laughs and Giggles at the front desk with Stephanie. I think it was her first day and she was being trained. She did a great job! Quick and efficient but most of all professionally friendly.
I had a seminar in one of the meeting rooms and they allowed me to set up the night before. The gentleman who helped me was wonderfully helpful as was his boss Kim.
Kim's team was incredible in getting everything together for my class. She is a wonderful manager because she will roll up her sleeves and help too.
My room was wonderful. Breakfast was amazing. This was the first Hampton Inn that I've stayed in that has a restaurant. So you can order room service etc.
Thank you for all you do - most importantly thanks for the post card. At first I didn't know who/where it was from until I read the name.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank spachick
It warms my heart to read your review of your experience here. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the team that served you so diligently! Stephanie & Kim are an incrediblye dynamic duo that love to work with our guests, and their personalities are hard to come by. Next time you are in town, I know they will be here along with the rest of our team to roll out the red carpet for you! See you soon!