“Relaxing stay, comfy bed, close to airport but quiet”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Indianapolis, IN
“Relaxing stay, comfy bed, close to airport but quiet”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Spent one night here with my wife last month on a leisure trip.

It's located near some other like-hotel properties. Not many restaurant options nearby, but we grabbed a sandwich to go at Perkins.

Checked in at 9pm and received our third floor upgraded king suite within minutes.

Very large room (actually two rooms) with king bed, very large Jack-and-Jill bathroom and closet, and sitting room with sofa bed, coffee table, side chair, and desk and chair. Also offered wet bar, microwave, fridge and cup-at-a-time coffee maker.

Room was very clean, very quiet (even though it's near the airport), and bed was comfy.

Only complaint for this room is there's no window in the bedroom (due to hotel layout) so if you don't set an alarm and want to wake up with the sun you might have a problem!

Pool is outdoors.

Breakfast in the morning was good-typical Hampton offerings of waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee/tea, juices, and plenty to get a good start to the day.

Would stay here again, but eat before you get to the hotel if you're looking for a unique restaurant experience due to its location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
I love the fact that your review is so incredibly detailed and fun! Thank you for your attention and your effort in providing such a great review! I am particularly grateful that you mentioned that although we are an airport location, it is still quiet. It puts a smile on my face to know that you as our guest had a quiet, relaxing stay! Please come again soon.....We love having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We were so very pleased when we stepped into the lobby of the hotel. The staff was excellent and very hospitable. The maintenence people were very friendly and professional. The room was beautifully appointed and clean.

Our short stay was delightful and would definitely recommend everyone who has a stay over in Salt Lake to consider.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your delightful experience here with us. We pride ourselves in treating our guests like family, and you have become part of ours! Please come back to stay with us again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My Husband and I, along with another couple stayed here on a recent trip to Capitol Reef NP, and Arches NP. We stayed one night upon our arrival in SLC, and two nights upon our return from the parks. The hotel was very convenient, clean and the staff made our stay there exceptional. A very pleasant surprise was the in-house restaurant. I only wish it had been opened on the weekend (only opened M-T). The food was excellent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
We loved having you here as our guest! Thank you for the wonderful review and sharing about our yummy restaurant. I hope you find yourselves back here again on your next vacation, we love to have you back!
Intervale, NH
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Booked this hotel for our last night in Utah and wanted to be near airport. As others have mentioned this is primarily a business hotel which is very busy during the week and almost empty on weekends. It is in an office park area but near airport. There is a restaurant and bar Mo - Th evenings. We paid $62 and got upgraded to a jr. suite with stylish furniture, comfortable king bed, couch, chaise lounge, wet bar, flat screen TV and jacuzzi tub. The outdoor pool is seasonal but hot tub open. Exercise room small but top notch equipment. Nice business center where I printed off our boarding passes. Breakfast area well set up and food quality good and ample choices. The soda machine had cans of Coke products for $1! Only complaint and I run into this practically everywhere I stay, IDIOTS who can't close their room door quietly. I wonder if they just walk through doors at home and let them SLAM they way they do in hotels. When your room vibrates from the door slamming next door or the room below that's really bad. People need to show more courtesy towards other guests.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
I really enjoyed reading your review. I appreciate you sharing your experience, and providing others with honest opinions. Sometimes I sneak up to the soda machines myself, love the price! I'm sorry to you and all of us that have the experience of the door slamming. I know I try to also be considerate of those rooms around me, and I hope all those that read this will as well. Thank you again, and we'd love to have you back!
Forestville, Maryland, USA
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Laughs and Giggles at the front desk with Stephanie. I think it was her first day and she was being trained. She did a great job! Quick and efficient but most of all professionally friendly.
I had a seminar in one of the meeting rooms and they allowed me to set up the night before. The gentleman who helped me was wonderfully helpful as was his boss Kim.
Kim's team was incredible in getting everything together for my class. She is a wonderful manager because she will roll up her sleeves and help too.
My room was wonderful. Breakfast was amazing. This was the first Hampton Inn that I've stayed in that has a restaurant. So you can order room service etc.
Thank you for all you do - most importantly thanks for the post card. At first I didn't know who/where it was from until I read the name.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank spachick
It warms my heart to read your review of your experience here. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the team that served you so diligently! Stephanie & Kim are an incrediblye dynamic duo that love to work with our guests, and their personalities are hard to come by. Next time you are in town, I know they will be here along with the rest of our team to roll out the red carpet for you! See you soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My husband and I booked this hotel because it was easy to get to on our travels through the west. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk clerks were very nice and friendly. We were assigned room 316 which affords a gorgeous view out the windows as you'll see in the pics. It is also one of their "corner rooms" which is a suite which includes a single person jacuzzi tub. Upon entering, the room it was warm and stuffy so I was going to run the A/C for a bit to cool it down. Discovered the A/C didn't work. Called the front desk and the front desk clerk was up in less than 5 minutes to check on it. He confirmed that it was broken and suggested that we just open the windows since it was fairly cool outside (low 60s). We did and it was fine.
We left to go site see and came back around 9:30 or so. Both tired, my husband and I decided a jacuzzi would be nice. He went first only to discover that the jacuzzi didn't work, it only had a low hum when you pushed the button that would activate the jets. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. I was moved to another room on the other side of the hotel that no longer had a view :( I was also not asked if we needed any help with bags. In the new room less than 10 minutes I began hearing what sounded like a child jumping on the bed and then onto the floor from the room above our's. I allowed it to go on for as long as I could tolerate (about 10 minutes) then called the front desk to ask them to ask the people to stop the noise. It did stop within 5 minutes of my calling. By that time it was close to 10:30 and we were exhausted. I used the jacuzzi in our new room and it worked fine.
Overall, this was a gorgeous location and I do recommend it. However, for a room to have 2 major issues (no A/C and a non-functioning jacuzzi tub) that have gone unnoticed seems somewhat inexcusable to me. If housekeeping is cleaning the jetted tubs properly (which would require running the jets), they would have notice the tub was broken. Obviously, the hotel had no control of ignorant parents who allow their children to jump from the bed to the floor and they did call the room and ask the people to stop the noise.
The breakfast was good, eggs, turkey sausage, juice, coffee, pastries, yogurt, etc. The morning clerk was also very friendly and an asset to the hotel. I did use the guarantee because of the issues we encountered and it was honored without problem.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VanessaL
Please accept my deepest apology for the experience you encountered here during your stay. I know that you were grateful for the Hampton Guarantee, and I am also very grateful for it as well. It allows us to stand behind our product, without question, and for you as our guest to know we stand behind our product and service, or you don't pay.
I have taken the comments you've provided directly to those departments, and have asked them to give their all in ensuring this does not ever happen again. I assure you that they are just as apologetic. Our entire team including myself would love to have you back here for us to prove to you that we really do have a terrific product that you can and will enjoy.
Boise
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This hotel was only 10-15 minutes from downtown SLC and a few minutes from the airport. The hotel was very quiet and comfortable with a soft bed and comfy chairs. They provoide a free complimentary breakfast with a good selection of food and drinks. The staff was friendly and the hotel, overall, looked decent and clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! Our entire team appreciates when our guests share positive reviews. We hope you stay with us again in the near future.